cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scare light or flood light bulb

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 36llrl 2015 Montana fifth wheel. The scare light or flood light bulb has burned out. I climbed up for a look to see what needs to be done to get access to the bulb and my question is do you have to take the screws out of the base or can you get access by taking the four screws out of the lens? Just looking at it the base looks l=as if it serves as a bezel to help hold the lens.
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue
5 REPLIES 5

Dixie_Flyer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replaced the bulb with an led. It was simple and straight forward, just remove the screws in the lens and replace the bulb. Thanks for the encouragement. I am blind in one eye, seventy seven years old with bad balance so climbing a step ladder can be a challenge for me.
2016 Ford F250 King Ranch Crew Cab 6.7 Power Stroke
2015 Montana Model 3611 with 4400 Pullrite Hitch.

Wife Sue
Pets: Rainbow Bridge: Bart, Old Fella, Levi, Charlie, Mama, Hobo, Izzie, Peaches. Others Suzie, Dixie.

Old Fella Burke County Animal Rescue

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced both my outside scare lights with LED bulbs. Made a big difference, much brighter and whiter.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
4 screws out of the lens (Cover) 1156 Lamp Please keep it off.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Just the lense screws. After 15 years mine burned out due to water dripping on the bulb due to failed gasket. Easy fix. Just match the numbers on the bulb base and silicone the gasket back into place.
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

garyand
Explorer
Explorer
The four screws should do the trick. I just replaced mine and that's what I did. You will probably have to replace the gaskets too.