cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Single Kwikee electric step stopped working ??

JimMartin
Explorer
Explorer
My single Kwikee electric step stopped working. Stuck in the up position. First I checked the fuse. It's fine. Then I removed the cotter pin and lowered the step, removed the old motor and bench tested it. It works fine on a 12v battery? What now?
2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit 35', V10 F53 Chassis
4 REPLIES 4

JimMartin
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at the step again this morning. Apparently the person who owned it before me did some work to it.

The roll pin ( or whatever you call it) is missing. The gear between the motor and the step moves around because of this. Also there is no longer a controller wired into my step. The motor is just hard wired to the switch inside the RV.

FYI: There is no door switch on this model.

Went to local RV repair guy and he gave me a old roll pin he had. I will try to put it in tomorrow and see if it works.
2003 Georgie Boy Pursuit 35', V10 F53 Chassis

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
If it's original, take a look at this blog post of mine. A few dollars in parts.
-- Chris Bryant

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Test the door switch - both toggle and magnetic. If motor works and switches work then chances are you need a new controller unit. Kwikee used to have a step by step diagnostic PDF on their website - worth a loook.
Kevin

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Is there power at the wire that goes to the motor? If there is power at the fuse maybe the problem is in the wire from the fuse to the motor. I know I have seen a lot of cheesy wire connections out in the elements under RV's