cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out issues - power gear e-synch slide out

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased an 04 Holiday Rambler Vacationer and I am having problems with one of the two bedroom slides - the wardrobe side. Will not go in or out - it has 2 motors and is a Power-gear system. The wall switch tests ok. One of the two motors tries to work when the switch is pressed but the second doesn't and apparently both must work. Have determined it is most likely the e-synch controller, # 140-1140 that is bad. I can hot wire the two motors and both will work in and out. I googled a replacement controller and used ones are going for $1,400 which seems absolutely ridiculous. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it resolved. I know I can run a seperate power and grown and 2 switches to operate the room from the belly bay, but I would like it to work with the wall switch. Can't understand why one motor would work but not the other, thus, that is why I assume it is the controller. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!!
2 REPLIES 2

RonWSl
Explorer
Explorer
I first thought relay too - has 4 and I replaced all 4 plus the breaker, and it still does the same thing. One motor works but other motor doesn't. Spoke with Lippert and, get this, they want almost $2000 for a replacement kit which includes two new $900 motors. Wondering why I couldn't get a different model controller and wire from the coach harness into it - all kinds of controllers online for less then $200 - just basically an in and out/on and off switch????

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds like a relay on the controller may be stuck. I know this sounds silly and too simple but if you can expose them, give every relay a smack with the handle end of a screwdriver.
Sometimes this free's them up for a while or for ever.