cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide question

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
We just picked up a Class C with a slide and was curious if we should store it with the slide extended or not. I noticed a lot of people keep theirs extended, even though the unit is not in use. It seems to me that keeping it closed would be easier on it, but maybe I'm wrong. What is the best way store it?
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate
4 REPLIES 4

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
You leave it RETRACTED. What happens if the slide system fails while in storage? How do you get it in to be repaired? Slide rooms also seal best when retracted. Doug

Nevadastars
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guy's, that is exactly my thinking. I have a neighbor that lives in San Jose, Ca, but has a small house in our area that he visits half a dozen times a year. He has a fiver with two slides that he keeps extended all year long. I always thought it has to be rough on it with the fierce wind and sandstorms we get here in Northern Nevada. Mine will stay closed when not in use. Thanks
2016 Forest River Wildcat Maxx 262RGX 8,268 UVW 11,754 GVWR
2007 Ram 2500 QC SB 4x4 Smarty tuned 5.9 Cummins
B&W Turnover Ball & Andersen Ultimate

btd35
Explorer
Explorer
It's better to keep it in to keep it from weathering, and undue stress on rollers and rails when extended for long periods of time.

Tom & Beth
05,Grand Junction 35TMS
99, Dodge 3500 Dually.

RVNDC
Explorer
Explorer
I keep mine in to avoid bad weather, bird droppings, etc. Also is the slide fails to open it's easier to get to the shop verses stuck in the out position.