cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

storing an RV

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
don't know if this ii the correct forum...
after a 3000 mile trip we parked the MH in april 2015
sep 2016 serviced- oil and filter,brake fluid changed, multi vpoint inspection, coolant flush and gasoline stableizer was added and the genny carb drained.

sep 2016 it was put into a shed (50ft from old storage place) and the CTEK multi point US 7002 connected to maintain the battery.
Engine has not been run except to the servicing folks and putting it into the shed.
20400 miles on the ODO

2006 sunova with a ford v10 engine...
soonest we are likely to use it is sep 2018.

do we leave everything as is til sep 2018?

do we get it serviced now or before the next 1000 mile trip?

if we drive it to the serving garage do we need more stablizer?

thanks for your help
8 REPLIES 8

magic43
Explorer
Explorer
Not your question but I would want a dehumidifier running inside to prevent mildew.
magic43

anon125
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used to own 1972 Prevost conversion that sit 8 years before I bought it and then in my 12 years of ownership it would sit for 2 years.
The only thing I did was taking engine batteries home and keep them under battery maintainer unless I put them for different use.
Golf-cart batteries would keep charge (when disconnected) for a year just fine.
Gasoline engines are a bit different story as evaporating gasoline can leave gunk behind, but FI should be safe for couple of years if the tank is pressurized.
RV owners are always paranoid about their vehicle maintenance.
Me? Even I am not a farmer, I like the farmer's idea about winterizing their equipment.
"disconnect the battery, put coffee can over the exhaust and walk away"

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can I use it for next 13 months?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
Stabilizer only helps for so long. Having said that I've left a MH sit for more than a year. First tank will not give you good mileage but should improve with fresh gas. If you want to have it serviced wait until just before you're ready to go. Don't start it, don't drive it unless you're going to drive it enough to really warm it up, engine, exhaust and trans. The worst thing for an engine is to start it and not drive it enough to get it hot to dry things out. A by-product of exhaust is condensation. Do exercise the generator every month or two under a load, A/C, heat pumps or etc. The generator brushes and contacts can corrode if not exercised with a load. If they do corrode your generator may be useless until it's taken apart and the corrosion removed.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Good to go. I would hit the open road before it was fully warmed up and just keep rollin'.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
I would check out everything now rather than wait till the last minute and have to scramble.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like a huge waste of money. Why not sell it?