cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Official unofficial CPE 2000i Generator Thread

pritch272
Explorer
Explorer
8/1/2010 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: Champion Inverter and Remote Gens Promo on CPE's web site)

3/22/2011 edit: Thread renamed ...
Renamed from: Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

3/23/2011 edit: Thread renamed at the suggestion of the Professor.
Renamed from: (Un)Official CPE 2000 Watt Inverter Generator Thread

Inverter Available August 2010

Remote Available July 2010

2007 Keystone Laredo 29RL, 2000 Ford F250 7.3 PSD, Firestone bags, Pressure Pro, 16" Michelin XPS Ribs, MorRyde Pin Box, Dexter EZ-Flex, PI EMS-HW30C, Dirt Devil CV950 Central Vacuum, 2000W AllPower by Kipor, 4000/3500W Champion C46540
2,927 REPLIES 2,927

MrWizard
IF you received a PM it was sent before he was (muted/removed from the forum)
Depending on your schedule , you may have read it after he was blocked, but the msg had to be sent before that happened
All forum / BBS software works essentially the same way,

#40Fan wrote:
MrWizard wrote:
are you confusing emails with Pm's
didn't you say in another post, that you received an Email from Dennis at CPE

NON-members/removed members ?? AFAIK cannot login and send PM's

No, it was a PM from him.
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

PrivatePilot
Explorer
Explorer
pulsar wrote:
Is it grow up? or sell out?

The site doesn't appear to have had any difficultly "Selling out" to the companies that have banner advertisements here, if that's the way you want to look at it.

Having official support for companies inside the forums themselves is commonplace at most commercial/corporate forums, just look around.

Just because a company becomes a 'supporting vendor' (or whatever you want to call it) doesn't mean the ownership or staff suddenly need to cheerlead for the company, or that they somehow get preferential treatment - they just gain the right to advertise (within guidelines set) and actively participate on the forum.

Utimately, we're all big boys here and the membership can still make their own decisions. The fact that Champion, Keystone, Honda, Yamaha, or whoever joins in in the discussion isn't going to force anyone to do anything they ultimately don't want to do.

Anyhow, this is admittedly very OT to the thread at hand, but perhaps it's worth having a discussion elsewhere regarding such.
30' Keystone Cougar 5'er, Triple Bunkhouse, SuperSlide.
Chevy 3500 1 Ton long box crew cab dually
6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4.11 Rears, LSD, Fresh rebuild spring 2012.
Dieselplace.com Staff Member

Our 2008 western adventure - to the coast and back!

Mark

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
Hybridhunter wrote:
Angus_NB wrote:

I'm not for or against the Champion. Can you tell me the make and model of a 1600 watt inverter generator that can handle the situation described above?

I was suggesting the other brands on ECO will not stop dead with a 1500 watt heater turned to high like the Champ does. Family experience indicates that the Honda will not shut off, but the voltage will sag. Anecdotally, the Yam 2000 is said to perform Very well with surges.
I have nothing against CPE either, just the 2000i, and it's dismal surge / power factor performance: especially when compared in the 2000 class, which is what CPE says it is.

The Honda and Yamaha are a different class of generator, 2000 watt not than 1600 watt.
I agree Champion is misleading people by calling their generator a 2000i rather than a 1600i but I can buy two Champions for the price of one of the other brands. I don't consider them to be a direct comparison.
I thought you may have known of a direct competitor that would handle the load a little better.
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

Angus_NB
Explorer
Explorer
I am a moderator on another forum. We simply delete the posts that violate the no advertisement rule.
2008 Toyota Tundra 5.7L 4x4 DC
2013 Fun Finder F-266 KIRB
Reese Dual Cam HP / Prodigy P3
2 Black Labs - Lucy (Her) & Tosha (Him)

MrRchitty
Explorer
Explorer
pulsar wrote:
PrivatePilot wrote:

That said, maybe it's time for RV.net to grow up like most other forums and start offering vendors and companies the opportunity to become official vendors, and as such, be given the opportunity to represent themselves (and hype their products) here if they so choose to do so.

Is it grow up? or sell out? Regardless, it is not my decision to make. However, in my opinion, if a company wanted to "chat" with their customers, they would set up a forum on their website.

Tom

I was going to say the same thing.
Randall J. Chittenden
CT
Fire/Medic
Former Auto Parts Sales 12 years

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
PrivatePilot wrote:

That said, maybe it's time for RV.net to grow up like most other forums and start offering vendors and companies the opportunity to become official vendors, and as such, be given the opportunity to represent themselves (and hype their products) here if they so choose to do so.

Is it grow up? or sell out? Regardless, it is not my decision to make. However, in my opinion, if a company wanted to "chat" with their customers, they would set up a forum on their website.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
3 golden retrievers (Breeze, Jinks, Razz)
1 border collie (Boogie)

PrivatePilot
Explorer
Explorer
pulsar wrote:
It is very difficult to have a "no commercial posts" policy and make exceptions. It is very difficult for a CEO such as DennisCPE to answer questions and not promote his company (or demote competition.)

I recognize the concern - I'm on staff at a large diesel message forum (see my sig) and we too deal with the same situations...and since the forum is a business, and is in the business of making profit, there is a fine line to dance between "supporting" a product, and "promoting" a product in the same breath.

As it stands, there is apparently no way for a vendor or company representative to interact with their customers here - this thread is a perfect example. Honda and Yamaha (amongst others) seem to have very little interest in doing so based on the fact that a similar situation to this has never (to the best of my knowledge) happened here. The fact that Champion has been the exception and tried to actively interact directly with the consumer should be lauded, not beat down.

I respect the rules, but also respectfully suggest that perhaps they need to be reassessed or reworked to benefit both the companies that do want to actually talk to their customers (Gasp!), as well as the forum itself.
30' Keystone Cougar 5'er, Triple Bunkhouse, SuperSlide.
Chevy 3500 1 Ton long box crew cab dually
6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4.11 Rears, LSD, Fresh rebuild spring 2012.
Dieselplace.com Staff Member

Our 2008 western adventure - to the coast and back!

Mark

toprudder
Explorer
Explorer
Angus_NB wrote:
From what I can tell the WFCO converter in my trailer isn't going into boost mode anyway. After 4 days plugged into shore power and the trailer not being used the batteries are only at 90%. Two hours on an external charger brings them to 100%.
I have a feeling I'm going to have to use a battery charger anyway no matter what generator I get.

I have a WFCO with a single G24 batt. It never goes into boost (or bulk) mode. As I understand it, for that to happen, it has to be loaded enough for the voltage to stay below 13.2v (IIRC) at 55 amp output to trigger the boost mode. A single G24 won't do that, and I doubt 2 of them will do it either. And if it did, it sounds like the generator might not like it considering the pf of the converter.
Bob, Martha, and Matt.
Tucker, the Toy Poodle
'09 K-Z MXT20, '07 Chevy 2500HD Duramax

Toprudder.com

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
Angus_NB wrote:
pulsar wrote:

From the forum rules:

• Commercial enterprises and/or their representatives are not allowed to post in these forums.

Tom

That's too bad.
I can understand commercial enterprises not being able to advertise but being banned completely from posting is counterproductive in a Tech Issues forum. Many times these representatives are going to be the only people that can give us an answer.

It is very difficult to have a "no commercial posts" policy and make exceptions. It is very difficult for a CEO such as DennisCPE to answer questions and not promote his company (or demote competition.) Take a look at his very first post - that is where he should have been stopped, in my opinion.

It is un-American and I won't support them.
    CPE directly employs 47 Americans, two with Purple Hearts. Indirectly, we employ well over 10,000 Americans that work in our network of service centers across the U.S.
    Our JV (Joint Venture) factory in China is partially owned by myself and Mr. Zhao. All of the engineering, emission regulatory protocols, product development and management is done here in the U.S.A.
    We are proud to be adding to the growing free market in China with workers that are the best paid in their county and class of trade. (Free trade is the birthplace of freedom and democracy and little Champ is making a mark in China with pride.)

That has nothing to do with answering members questions.

We do make an exception for commercial posters. They are allowed to make a rebuttal post, when they believe their company or product is being misrepresented.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
1 border collie (Boogie)

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
#40Fan wrote:
I received a PM from him.

Dennis wrote:
I have tried to post a redo Se. I think I have now been blocked. Will get you a picture on Monday.

Call Jim Miotto at our offices. He will take care of you

My thought was that he was only having problems with posting a picture.

This was my reply.

I will call if you want me to, but as of this moment, there isn't anything that I need to be taken care of. The issues I had were fixed. I only posted the pictures so that it would help anyone else that might run into this problem. Whether it be right after their purchase or years down the road when warranty is no longer valid.

This is the post I made back on page 85. Post above it received an email from him.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
are you confusing emails with Pm's
didn't you say in another post, that you received an Email from Dennis at CPE

NON-members/removed members ?? AFAIK cannot login and send PM's

No, it was a PM from him.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

pulsar
Explorer
Explorer
-=dwh=- wrote:
Yea, whacky. But it's cool for RV.net to dump spam in my email on a regular basis.

Ah well. It's their forum, so it's their rules.

You should check your preference settings.

Other than Notify Moderator emails and subscription notifications, i receive nothing from RV.Net. Since I am a member of Good Sam Club, I do receive some mailings from them. I'm not sure how my preferences are set over there.

On edit: I check my preferences on the Good Sam Club site, and they are set to allow emails from them.

Tom
2015 Meridian 36M
2006 CR-V toad
1 border collie (Boogie)

Hybridhunter
Explorer
Explorer
JConatser wrote:
I don't own a Honda, but I've heard a lot of good reports about their abilities. I'm even more impressed now if I'm understanding correctly what I think I'm hearing. Hybridhunter, are you saying that if I had a Honda 2000 (I'm assuming Honda is one of the "other brands" you're referring to?) and it was sitting idling along at a real low rpm in ECO mode, if I suddenly dropped a 1900 watt load on it, it would handle it just fine, every time?

Where did you come up with 1900 watts, the item in question was 1500. And a 1500 watt heater turned off to on would always either stall or overload my CPE 2000. Where as the Honda sounds unhappy ( to which I say "who cares"), but gets the job done.

Hybridhunter
Explorer
Explorer
Angus_NB wrote:

I'm not for or against the Champion. Can you tell me the make and model of a 1600 watt inverter generator that can handle the situation described above?

I was suggesting the other brands on ECO will not stop dead with a 1500 watt heater turned to high like the Champ does. Family experience indicates that the Honda will not shut off, but the voltage will sag. Anecdotally, the Yam 2000 is said to perform Very well with surges.
I have nothing against CPE either, just the 2000i, and it's dismal surge / power factor performance: especially when compared in the 2000 class, which is what CPE says it is.

-_dwh_-
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, whacky. But it's cool for RV.net to dump spam in my email on a regular basis.

Ah well. It's their forum, so it's their rules.