cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet Flush

Red-Rover
Explorer
Explorer
After flushing my Dometic toilet, I like to partially refill the bowl with water but to do so requires balancing on one leg while depressing the flush pedal only a small distance as I steady myself against a wall.
Has anyone developed a technique or modification that helps modulate the flush pedal?
2014 Cougar 313RLI
2017 F250, 6.2L Gas, Crew Cab, Short Bed
14 REPLIES 14

12thgenusa
Explorer
Explorer
Push pedal down for flush. Lift pedal up for fill - no flush.

2007 Tundra DC 4X4 5.7, Alcan custom rear springs, 2009 Cougar 245RKS, 370 watts ET solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron SmartSolar 100/30, 200AH LiP04 bank, ProWatt 2000.

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
How about using a cane to press the pedal?
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
I don't recall the model of our toilet, but we press down on the lever to flush, and pull up on the lever to fill the bowl - no problem doing either.

Same here

This last coach we bought has a button to flush and also add water. Looks like a perfect way to have problems to me. But that is the way this handicap model works
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
I don't recall the model of our toilet, but we press down on the lever to flush, and pull up on the lever to fill the bowl - no problem doing either.
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
AFChief_and_Pilot wrote:
bpounds wrote:

There is also a kit for these toilets that adds a hand sprayer wand. I've wanted to add one, just haven't got roundtuit. The purpose is intended for cleaning the toilet bowl, but you could use it for filling too.

The hand flush on our Dometic 320 is either/or. You canโ€™t operate the hand sprayer without stepping on the flush pedal. It just diverts the water from the flushing action to the hand sprayer so not a good way to fill the bowl.

Thanks for that info. I guess it is still good for cleaning the bowl. But that doesn't sound useful for filling it. Maybe I will just plumb my own hand sprayer in with its own valve.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have big feet, heel on the floor toes on the pedal.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

AFChief_and_Pil
Explorer
Explorer
bpounds wrote:
We have the Dometic (310 IIRC). Porcelen model. The pedal is close enough to the floor that I can rest my heel on the floor and push the pedal with my toes. Gives better control, as well as no balancing on one foot. Also the pedal is a bit sensitive. Open too much and your water drains, not open enough and no/slow water. Keeping a heel planted gives better control of the pedal.

There is also a kit for these toilets that adds a hand sprayer wand. I've wanted to add one, just haven't got roundtuit. The purpose is intended for cleaning the toilet bowl, but you could use it for filling too.

The hand flush on our Dometic 320 is either/or. You canโ€™t operate the hand sprayer without stepping on the flush pedal. It just diverts the water from the flushing action to the hand sprayer so not a good way to fill the bowl.

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
There are some available with a lever on the side where you can hand flush.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Love the Dometic 320!!! Leaves a nice water seal after flushing. To add more water do the heel/toe method as mentioned.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
We have the Dometic (310 IIRC). Porcelen model. The pedal is close enough to the floor that I can rest my heel on the floor and push the pedal with my toes. Gives better control, as well as no balancing on one foot. Also the pedal is a bit sensitive. Open too much and your water drains, not open enough and no/slow water. Keeping a heel planted gives better control of the pedal.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know how old you are (I'm only 66), but I stand on one foot and depress the pedal as needed. The shower door surround is right there on my right if I need to put a hand on that to balance - but rarely do.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Use your hand to press the pedal to trigger the water. Gloves optional.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Rocky2
Explorer
Explorer
I fill my plastic water glass at the sink and just dump it in. Easy Peezie.

Sam_Spade
Explorer
Explorer
If you weren't so far away, I would offer to trade you for mine which has a hand operated lever. It does not suffer from THAT particular problem. ๐Ÿ˜‰
'07 Damon Outlaw 3611
CanAm Spyder in the "trunk"