cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

travel trailer electric tongue jack

CantCampEnuf
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for help.... just purchased new jayco jayflight with electric tongue jack. WHen hooked up to vehicle, it works fine. When hooked up to shore power, works fine. When only on battery, both the jack and the light next to it, do not work. Even though all interior lights work, slide outs work, etc.

I have called dealer and their service manager has not called back (typical, this place is awful for service)

Is there something I can look for? We recently went back to TT from a CLass C.... and I dont want to manually crank!!!

Thanks.
Bob and Lynn w/6 kids(Girls 24, 18, 14 and 9; Boys 12 and 5)
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2015 Ford F150 Supercrew ecoboost

Dogs(Cookie-Yorkie) (Junior-Rat Terrier) (Chester-Golden) RIP 5/17/08

[purple]Rallys Attended: 1[/purple]
8 REPLIES 8

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
lanerd wrote:
I wired mine directly to the battery....is yours? Sounds like it isn't.

Ron

All the ones I've seen are wired that way, didn't know there was any other way to do it. Sounds like funny wiring going on if it only works off shore power. Check out how it's wired and go straight to the battery if necessary, with the proper fusing of course.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
If the jack works with other power sources, then the fuse is fine.

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wired mine directly to the battery....is yours? Sounds like it isn't.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

CantCampEnuf
Explorer
Explorer
Jack_Diane_Freedom wrote:
My electric tongue jacks have all had an in line fuze in the line going to the battery. Also how is the charge on the batt?

I will check the fuse. The battery was fully charged, had been charging for 2 full days. Dual batteries. Batteries were able to run all other power, except electric jack and light adjacent to it. The battery even ran the electric stabilizers.

As soon as I plugged into truck... jack worked fine.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
My electric tongue jacks have all had an in line fuze in the line going to the battery. Also how is the charge on the batt?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
CantCampEnuf wrote:
ScottG wrote:
It should be wired directly to the battery. Sounds like it is wired to the converter and has a battery disconnect switch between the conv and batt. Or the battery is not in the circuit for some reason - check its wiring.
If you have a disconnect switch, make sure it's on.

I will look for that. I would think if the disconnect switch was engaged, that nothing would work? Thanks for response.

Yes, exactly. I take it the lights and what not work when the trailer is disconnected from both the truck and shore power?

CantCampEnuf
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
It should be wired directly to the battery. Sounds like it is wired to the converter and has a battery disconnect switch between the conv and batt. Or the battery is not in the circuit for some reason - check its wiring.

I will look for that. I would think if the disconnect switch was engaged, that nothing would work? Thanks for response.

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad