cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Troubleshooting Dometic fridge.

unioncreek
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 5th wheel that has a Dometic model RM2610, product #9219801fridge. The fridge works great on propane, but doesn't work at all on 120 volt. I'm totally unfamiliar on where to begin. Is there a troubleshooting procedure that I can use.

Thanks,
Bob
6 REPLIES 6

unioncreek
Explorer
Explorer
I checked the resistance between the two leads (both disconnected) to the element. Resistance is 45, service manual states 48. I'm trying the fridge with the mode dial in a slightly different position to see if that will work.

I'll check the switch as soon as I can pull the fridge, since I can't get to it under the fridge. Or is it possible to get the switch out without removing the fridge?

Bob

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of things, that cam switch and the shaft and knob can get sloppy, sometimes you go past the elec setting.

When testing, keep in mind the hot *and neutral* run through the switch, so you can't just ground the meter to test.

Most common failure will be the element, though.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
As suggested ...verify you have 120V AC available to fridge power cord

Then check continuity on selector switch....see pg 9 in manual Linked above
Heater element....resistance measured across the element leads when are removed from terminal block......48 ohms (+/-10%)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

unioncreek
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bud,

My Dometic is pre circuit board. I'm disconnect the hearing element and test for continuity.

Hi Guidry,

I'll try YouTube tomorrow.

Bob

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Here is manual
RM 2610 manual
Start by verifying there is 120 volts AC available in the exterior refer access panel. Plug in a known good device.
Disconnect 120 volt plug. Locate the two wires that come from the circuit board and go to the stack on the right side. Disconnect one of the wires. Test between the two wires for continuity.
Locate the element wire at the circuit board. Plug refer back in, set unit to AC, test output of the circuit board for 120 volts AC between the two output terminals for the heater. No power, bad circuit board.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
There are a few excellent YouTube videos on trouble shooting RV fridges. I had to recently work on mine and knew nothing until I educated myself with YouTube. Fairly easy to do.