cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Turn signal with lights on

Gdlow
Explorer
Explorer
On a recent trip, I had an issue with my turn signal blinking (at least in the coach).
It was getting a little cloudy and dark so I changed the lights from the running light to the normal headlights. a little while later I went to change lanes to pass and turned on the turn signal. It stayed a solid green and did't blink. I turned the headlights back to the running lights and it blinked as normal.
What should I be looking for?
thanks
Gary And Cathy
'05 Dolphin 5342
Honda Element following us :W
Pacnats
GS, FMCA
:C Rallys attended
FMCA Albany, Or.'06
FMCA Redmond, Or.'07
FMCA Quartzite, Az. '10...but not again:R
Good Sams "The Rally" Redmond Or. '11
FMCA Redmond August 2014
FMCA Indio, Ca 2013
7 REPLIES 7

2DHoop
Explorer
Explorer
Are the tail lights LED?
2013 Arctic Fox 25P
2010 Dodge 3500 SRW CTD

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
One lamp on the affected side is not grounding properly. I have had this happen 3 times

Twice it was the front turn signal lamp on the motor home. I removed and replaced the bulb and that was it.. THe lamnp itself was not connecting properly to the socket

The 3rd time was after instaling tow lights on the towed car.. Turns out I needed to imnprove the GROUND at the motor home's socket
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
If it was only the indicator lamps, I would say a bad lamp. With the other issues involved I would suspect a bad ground.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
It sounds like a bad ground at the head light. With no ground at the head light it lets power go to the ground side of the signal light. When the signal light tries to come on it now has voltage on both sides so no blink.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
Many odd situations in automotive lighting arise from bad GROUND connections. When a lamp is NOT powered ON, it may serve as a ground for another lamp that has power applied but whose ground has failed. This causes odd results.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
I would look for a heavy duty flasher
Bill and Joey the dog

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
I would always start with the lens covers off the back bulbs so you can see the filaments.

While parked, look at the filaments and see what comes on when you try and turn. If you have a double filament bulb, the thick filament should come on and off.

If you are seeing the thin filament coming on and off, then try grounding the side of that bulb. If that fixes it, then fix the grounding where it is loose.

If that isn't the problem and you have taken off the red lenses and checked, come back and write some more.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel