cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tv antenna

Rtsvp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 entegra aspire, does anyone know where the power switch for the antenna booster is at on this model?cant find anything on it in my manuals!!
10 REPLIES 10

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I think that sometimes we get a little picky about what things are called. The OP ask for the location of THE SWITCH that SUPPLIES power to the booster. He did not call the switch a booster.

Isn't in fact a booster an amplifier, if it increases the performance isn't it boosting the performance?

How many of you use cotter pins? Isn't the correct name a Cotter Key?

Come on lets not use that tired old phrase, "here we go again", accept the intent and help the guy out.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

Fulltimer50
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
Oh boy, here we go again. :S That so-called wall plate "booster" has no ability to amplify the signal and is therefore not a "booster". It simply switches the signal to the television between the cable feed and the antenna feed, and when switched to the antenna routes 12 vdc to the antenna head which is where any signal amplifier (if there is one) is located. An exception would be the Winegard SensarPro I have which replaces a passive wall plate and does offer up to 10 db of signal gain or attenuation.

Guess we can no longer use the term "light switch" since no light comes from the switch.
George

2011 F350 PSD CC LB 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41RSSB4 5th Wheel

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
SoundGuy wrote:
RoyB wrote:
Actually WINEGARD also makes a WALL PLATE ASSY that has the RF Amplifier "BOOSTER" located in the wall plate assy for 'non amplified' type Rv Antennas....

That particular wall plate was intended for use with the older non-amplified Winegard Sensar II ... the OP's rig is a 2013 model so if his antenna is a crank up Winegard (which he hasn't told us) it's either a Sensar III or Sensar IV, both of which have an amplifier in the antenna head and are powered by a wall plate which has no boost function of any kind and is therefore not a "booster". The only reason for the Sensar II or matching amplified wall plate to exist is for replacement purposes in much older rigs as one would always be better off with the current Sensar IV, particularly if it's driven by an amplified SensarPro wall plate.

The Winegard RV-5095 is a non-amplified antenna and is still being sold.

pdogg
Explorer
Explorer
My King Jack antenna has a "Powered Amplifier"... as well..

http://kingconnect.com/product/king-jack-antenna/

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
Actually WINEGARD also makes a WALL PLATE ASSY that has the RF Amplifier "BOOSTER" located in the wall plate assy for 'non amplified' type Rv Antennas....

That particular wall plate was intended for use with the older non-amplified Winegard Sensar II ... the OP's rig is a 2013 model so if his antenna is a crank up Winegard (which he hasn't told us) it's either a Sensar III or Sensar IV, both of which have an amplifier in the antenna head and are powered by a wall plate which has no boost function of any kind and is therefore not a "booster". The only reason for the Sensar II or matching amplified wall plate to exist is for replacement purposes in much older rigs as one would always be better off with the current Sensar IV, particularly if it's driven by an amplified SensarPro wall plate.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II

This is the WINEGARD RA-7296 Single Amplifier...

"White amplified wall plate with on/off switch and indicator light works with Winegard non-amplified 75 ohm RV antennas. Uses 12V DC. The switch plate has an amplified circuit and 3 ports in the back and one cable port up front as well as the 12VDC (cigarette lighter) outlet. When you push the button (LED is lit) the roof antenna signal is boosted and the TV receives that signal. When you push the button to turn off the LED, it allows the TV to receive the campground cable signal..." This RA-7296 WALL PLATE RF Amplifier is only used with non amplified type Rv Antennas.

RVupgrades.com image

Looks exactly like the WINEGARD RV-7042 WALL PLATE power supply and switcher that most RV Campers have installed to be used with the BATWING type crank up antennas.

I suspect in the early days this was what was being used and got the name 'BOOSTER' which has stuck ever since haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I too went with the Sensar Pro.. Man did it make an improvement

But a warning, The unit might not work with non-Winegard non-amplified antennas

Or it might

Depending on the design of the antenna.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Oh boy, here we go again. :S That so-called wall plate "booster" has no ability to amplify the signal and is therefore not a "booster". It simply switches the signal to the television between the cable feed and the antenna feed, and when switched to the antenna routes 12 vdc to the antenna head which is where any signal amplifier (if there is one) is located. An exception would be the Winegard SensarPro I have which replaces a passive wall plate and does offer up to 10 db of signal gain or attenuation.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
You don't say what antenna you have. Not all antennas have a boost button. I have an omni style on mine (looks like mushroom), that has no boost button. It works great when near metro areas, but falls short when longer distance from the towers.

Jerry

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
In most cases its a small button type switch thats located on the wall plate where the coax is connected to.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly