cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

water leak at the base of the toilet.

Bheffington
Explorer
Explorer
I have a porcelin toilet. After moving sites yesterday and setting up, I noticed there was some water coming from the between the floor and the toilet. I cleaned it up and kept an eye on the leak. This morning I noticed more water on the floor.
What should I look to see what is causing the leak? Can I reset the toilet, or is this a dealer issue? (its 2 months old, so warranty should cover it. Its just a pain, since its my house right now).
7 REPLIES 7

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
Had a riser installed on our new TT (May) and it started leaking between the top seal and the toilet. Tried tighten with a pair of pliars, no go. When I took it in three weeks ago, was told that the top seal was installed crooked. Seems if they had time to go back and repair, there was time to do it correctly initially, but................................ Waiting for a new end cap and a tongue jack (electric).
charles weidman

Bheffington
Explorer
Explorer
I called the tach at camping world. They are going to look at it in a two weeks. I was concerned about the water and the wood floors. He assured me that if there is damage, warranty will cover the repairs. I dont mind fixing stuff myself, but it is only a month and a half old. I shouldnt have to fix anything.

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
Hose clamp and/or leaking valve would be my guess - actual leak between toilet and floor would be rare.
Kevin

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Also check the hose clamps around the toilet. I had a leak this spring and a simply turn ofmthe clamp and no more leak.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
What brand? I have been fighting a mystery leak as well on my porcelain SEALAND.
Replaced the vacuum breaker but that wasn't it..
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
This happens to me on occasion. There is a valve attached to the flush mechanism that leaks and drips down on the floor. I thought it was a leak between the toilet and the floor, but it wasn't. If you have a foot flush unit, there is a plastic cap that goes over the top of the valve. remove the cover and examine the plumbing with a flashlight. If its the valve, you should be able to see it dripping or feel that it's wet.

I've replaced three of them over time in my unit. Camping world sells the replacement valve for about $20. I keep a spare with me now so when the next leak occurs, I don't have to make a special trip to pick one up.

It's fairly simple to replace. Two hose clamps and two screws.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
The toilet sits on a flange, held down with two bolts. There is a seal (foam or wax) that goes between the flange and the bottom of the toilet.

You could have loose bolts, a bad seal, or a broken flange from over-tightening the bolts. Whatever, you need to shut off the water supply to the toilet, undo the bolts, lift off the toilet, and find out what is wrong, then fix it.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.