cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Well good thing i checked but....., DARN!!!!!

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
:M. Cranked up the A/C today, just to make sure all was well... But it wasnt! It runs, blows cold air, BUT... Is making a heck of a noise almost sounds like something in the squirrel cage fan... So up on the roof i go, after taking it apart, and looking at it, checking it, etc.... I turn it back on without the shrounds on either fan and it is still making noise.. Sounds like it is either the motor losing a bearing, or the compressor making a racket.. But either way, i am going to get it fixed before our trip to florida this sept. The unit is the original that came with the coach. A Carrier 15,000 BTU ducted with a remote control unit. I checked and i know they no longer make this unit, but there is a conversion kit for a coleman unit that allows me to keep the original grill, and the remote. YAY!! Better than that is my extended warranty covers the A/C unit (per my paperwork and contract i have on file ) with a $50.00 Deductible :B. ... Now, the bad part is having to try and get a appointment to get the rig in. I bet that they are doing a lot of A/C units seeing how its July..... I wonder how many weeks they are behind.... :h
Proud father of a US Marine
20 REPLIES 20

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Kudos for using your noodle ๐Ÿ™‚

The Average Trip Pep Sequence

A) Load food
b) Clothing
c) Accessories
d) Throw brains in closet
e) Run out front door and jump in driver's set

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
Try the fan only.
Any mobile AC tech can fix it. No need to take it to a dealer.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE
SKYWARN Weather Spotter

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
WILDEBILL308 wrote:
I had a blower motor that the bearings went out last year. It sounded like some one torturing cats on the roof. I changed the motor with one I bought on Amazon and it works great now. I was able to get some light oil into the bearings and it helped for a while.
Bill

Tried some oil too... No good. I am just stumped as to the sound, i could have put money down betting it was a stick or something rubbing in the squirrel cage fan. But when it still did with both front and back shrouds removed, there is only 2 other moving parts... Motor and Compressor...

WILDEBILL308
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a blower motor that the bearings went out last year. It sounded like some one torturing cats on the roof. I changed the motor with one I bought on Amazon and it works great now. I was able to get some light oil into the bearings and it helped for a while.
Bill
2008 Newmar Mountain Aire
450 HP CUMMINS ISM
ALLISON 4000 MH TRANSMISSION
TOWING 2014 HONDA CRV With Blue Ox tow bar
A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
-Mark Twain

suprz
Explorer
Explorer
newman fulltimer wrote:
before you do all that check the blower fan bladw for cracks or broken they are known for it.there is a aftermarket one made for it

Yep, already did. Cleaned them, checked them, etc.. No cracks, missing baldes, nothing.... No cracks in the squirrel cage fan, or the other one for the back. I actually had it running without either of the shrouds on so i could see just here the noise was coming from, and it is right at the motor. But the compressor is also right next to the motor so it could be either one, hard to tell without a stethoscope. But im guessing that with a 11 year old coach, im guessing the A/C is the same age, and the fact that they no longer make the A/C unit, it will be a replacement job. But will call the warranty company monday when i get to the RV dealership where i bought the coach and get everything set. I dont take chances, and like having both parties repair place and warranty company on the same page. And of course i get everything in writing!

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
before you do all that check the blower fan bladw for cracks or broken they are known for it.there is a aftermarket one made for it