cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What to do with my Kubota 7.5k

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 3 cylinder Kubota under the font of my 93 Pace. When I'm in a CG with full hookups charging the batts is not an issue.

When boondocking I need to Charge the batteries via a generator. The Kubota is VERY noisy, I hate to run it for more than an hour.

I normally use a Honda EU1000i to charge my 4 Sams Club 6v golf cart batts via a P.D. 60amp converter with charge wizzard.

Is it possible to get a MUCH larger converter to charge my batteries? If I can fire up the Kubota for perhapsd an hour or so that would be great. I just don't know how fast and/or how much of a charge these batts can take.

I do know that I have NO room in my battery compartment for AGM's.

Ideas?

Thanks
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel
5 REPLIES 5

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
How many amps can you pump in? The typical rule of thumb for frequent charging is 10% of Ah ratting. Your set of 4 GC should be about 440 Ah so that would be 44 amps of charge current. In the interest of shortening gen. run time I would say doubling that would be plenty so that puts you at about an 80 amp charger. There won't be much advantage, nor is it advisable, to go any larger.

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer
Most chargers will only reach full current output in the middle range of your battery voltage, and will taper off as the batteries get charged. For that purpose, charging from your onboard could best be done in the middle range, and you will keep the noisy beast to a minimum, but perhaps twice a day if required.

I would reckon you could get 80 - 100 amps in, but again, only when the battery is in the proper range for full charge current.
Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

mchero
Explorer
Explorer
ScottG wrote:
The 9280 would help but you couldn't use your eu1000i to run it because it would be badly overloaded. Even you 9260 is a stretch for it at times.

Oh yah, you don't have to tell me the EU1000i is a stretch, If the batts are deeply discharged the EU100i will not handel it.

Just wondering how much amps I can pump into these batteries.

Prior poster was asking where the batteries are. I have a battery compartment on the curbside, last compartment back. I have a pull out try with 4 Sam's Club golf cart batteries. Very thick cables running to batteries. I need to take a closer look at ther PD, located under the bed. I can't recall the wire size from converter to batteries.

Thanks for the info so far.
Robert McHenry
Currently, Henniker NH
07 Fleetwood Discovery 39V
1K Solar dieselrvowners.com
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Prior:1993 Pace Arrow 37' Diesel

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
The 9280 would help but you couldn't use your eu1000i to run it because it would be badly overloaded. Even you 9260 is a stretch for it at times.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
You can a little by going to the 80 amp PD unit. You would gain a little.
PD9280
Where are your batteries locted in your rig. My gas Pace is located in front. Wire size and voltage drop could reduce your charge rate if they are located some distance from your converter.
Have you checked with Kabota dealer to see if your genset is abnormably noisy?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker