Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Dometic Fridge not working...again

We had problems with our dometic fridge and the pilot getting blown out while driving. Our dealer fixed it under warranty (it's still only 8 months old and has never worked properly.) It wasn't cooling properly and they fixed that as well saying ther...

Kwikee 2000 Jacks

We have a 91 Fleetwood Jamboree with an obsolete jack system. The problem is the touch pad. We were in Susanville, CA at a concert with the jacks down. Got ready to leave and the jacks won't retract. I have a knife switch on the chassis battery so on...

sportz by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Water heater

I have a 2014 wild wood 26 ft travel trailer and I'm trying to figure out how to adjust the hot water heater. The water is warm at the best. I checked the valves and the cold water valve is closed. Is there a manual adjustment or do I need to buy som...

bruse001 by Explorer
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Identify plastic tank type

How do I identify why type plastic I have on my tank?The color is gray, it is a little flexible (not unusual for plastic).The female threaded fitting is cracked, so I need to replace it soon. Im not sure of the best way to proceed either.

ajriding by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

WFCO 9865 Repair

Recently repaired a 9865 WFCO that failed and found this attached to inside top of cover. Could not find anywhere it was attached. Anyone run into this before? Unit is performing ok on bench without it. Got me puzzled...

ron64gc by Explorer
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

High beam headlight issue

Last Wed evening I was out in the country with the low beam headlightsturned on. I decided to use the dimmer switch and use the high beams.Every thing went well for a few minutes and then everything went dark,High beams went off and then back on, in ...

Trailer brakes

I have read about disk trailer brakes http://www.mrtrailer.com/kodiak_hydraulic_disc_brakes.htmthat seem to be more the last word on the issue.Are there new 5W that come with it stock?

danoren by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Reverse Polarity- Stereo not working

Hey allI have a 71 Avion camper parked at an RV more or less year round. I have a car radio hooked up and shortly after I moved into the park, the stereo stopped working. My control panel read "Reverse Polarity". I know a little about the topic, but ...

melby by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

What Sticks to Coroplast?

I have a couple of patches i need to make on the undercover of the fifth wheel.Having trouble getting something to bond the coroplast to the under cover, which I assume is coroplast also.My genuine gorilla tape does not do the job. Poor results with...

Dave_H_M by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Link To Good Value .315" 4 to 1 Heat Shrink Tubing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151786109371?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT.250" is 1/4" and .375" is 3/8" so this stuff in t'ween..315 max shrink down to .079" or around 1/12" inchBlack, medium wall, adhesive lined. Good for 8-ga...

2x2 Solar Panel Array Shadow Limitations

How does a 2x2 series/parallel panel array perform with partial shadows and bypass diodes with a MPPT controller? For example using 30V panels with 3 bypass diodes each and one panel has shade causing two bypass diodes to conduct. One set of panels i...

RV Service in Dallas TX Area

We are looking for a RV service department with a good track record for our 2007 KZ Spree TT that is needing some slide floor water damage repair. We have been using a small town dealer about 90 miles from where we live in Richardson, TX where we bou...

Surge protector remote display

I have a hardwired Progressive EMS-HW50C surge protector with a remote display. Recently the remote display stopped working so I checked both ends of the cable from the EMS-HW50C to the display and they both appear to be fine. I have not driven any...

Trlrboy by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

PD9260, how does it work?

Anybody looked closely at this charger to see how it determines the battery status?For the first time I've forced it into "bulk" mode (fixed 14.4V) with the pendant (more like "absorb" if you ask me). Will it stay there until the current drops to ???...

brulaz by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes