Technical Issues
Having RV issues? Connect with others who have been in your shoes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

New 6 volt AGM Batteries

Now after 3 seasons I've replaced my original 24 group 12 volt battery with 2-6 volt AGM (Duracell Platinum) 409 Ah. I'm setting up to do some off-grid camping now that I've gotten used to the full-hookup variety. My trailer sits in my driveway, an...

Anyone have a Carrier AC remote that runs the furnace?

New to me rig and I can't make the furnace kick on. It has a remote for the Carrier AC that also runs the Atwood furnace. When I put it into heat mode, I hear nothing, and that is exactly what I get :SFirst time I had this type of a setup, and I'm ru...

battery run dry, any good?

I just pulled out 2 6V golf cart batteries out of my motorhome that wasn't used for quite awhile. The two 6V golf cart batteries were dry. Should I even bother with trying to put something in there (sulfuric acid?????)or are they not worth trying? ...

100 amp alternator through battery isolator issues

Hello.Bought a 1990 class B a few weeks ago and as you could imagine first order of business was to dismantle all the systems and learn how everything is hooked up and how it works (first rv for me) I have an issue and a few questions regarding charg...

tev123 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Trojan T-105 charging specs

Hi all. Thx for the help with my previous question re: 6v battery selectionSo I went ahead and bought the Trojan T-105's mostly because of reputation, the shop (Rocky's in Edmonton, awesome btw) matched the price, and they were a bit shorter than th...

Jetta03 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

HWH Levellers reluctant to retract in cold weather

We were camping in below freezing weather this weekend, and when preparing to leave the rear levelers would not completely retract after about 10 minutes. They were adequately retracted to be able to drive, but the alarm was still on and the green l...

Replacing TT radio with used car radio ???

The 2002 radio in my TT died. Since new RV radios cost $$$, I looked on eBay without much luck. I am thinking about replacing the radio with a used car radio from a junk yard. That is a better radio for less money. I can rework the cut-out in the ...

TenOC by Nomad
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

3rd AC failure in 3 years

I purchased a Cedar Creek 36B4 Fifth Wheel in April of 2012. It has a ducted Dometic 15K Air Conditioner (Model#541816)in the rear.I noticed the ac wasn't cooling in Oct 2012. Brought it back to the dealer (Lazy Days in Tampa), they confirmed and rep...

TTguy by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

correct use of battery tender and....

1996 Winnebago Class a Vectra. Has on left of dash AUX Bat On/off switch.I have two 6 volt deep cycle batteries cinnected 20ah Cap 235. 132 nin @ 75 amps. I also have a convert er/charger that inassume ume is running when I plug shoreline in.1. Do I ...

base1957 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

solar panel not charging battery

I have a new Creekside with 150watt solar panel. Travel trailer parked in barn with overhead lights. I was putting on overhead lights directed towards solar panel in hopes of keeping battery charged. Doesn't seem to work. Battery dead.Thoughts or...

snook7 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Higher Absorption Voltage, Less Top Charging

Mex has mentioned this a few times. I have some real life experience of that now I have the right equipment to see it. This would relate to the battery blurb advice on doing overcharges every so often above 15v.First, on solar daily for months, I e...

BFL13 by Explorer II
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

How to test auxiliary batteries for amperage?

I need a way to test a pair of six volt Trojan 105's wired in series and setting in my shop.Has anyone a method of amp testing batteries that are on the bench?I can't think of anything 12 volt that will pull a lot of current that is readily available...

Joules - surge protector question

I see surge protectors with differing values for joules.... but it doesn't say what is better ... is higher better than lower values ? thanks

JoeH by Explorer III
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Headboard fell off. Suggestions on how to re-attach?

I was making the bed on Thursday before going camping for a couple of nights. I barely touched the headboard thing and it fell clear off. It was only held on by 16 little light gauge staples. Since the forward is sloped, gravity is working to pull...

Help: initial charge on new Crown 330ah batteries

I have a couple new 6v Crown deep cycle 330ah deep cycle batteries. I want to do an initial charge on them. I borrowed an old school Schumacher charger from a friend that is completely manual. It has 50a, 10a and 2a settings for 12v and just 50a f...

hammick by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes