cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

winterization question

sheltie7
Explorer
Explorer
What is the correct procedure to winterize a 2007 Praire Schooner Gulfstream Model #P32BLF. Everytime I try to do it the Antifreeze goes into the holding tank instead of going throughout interior. Thanks
6 REPLIES 6

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Moved to Tech Issues forum from DIY.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

John_M1
Explorer
Explorer
On a previous motorhome, we had this happen when we had the valves setup incorrectly. (insistently, this did come in handy at a later time for adding water to the freshwater tank via the winterizing siphon)

On the new motorhome, we had this happen and eventually found that the winterizing siphon valve had been installed backwards.
John and Susan
2018 Winnebago Vista 26HE
Jeep Wrangler Toad

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Suspect antifreeze going into the FW tank is not uncommon. A friend took his RV to a dealer to be winterized and they got antifreeze in his FW tank. Although I RV'd for years I lived in CA. Never had to winterize. After moving north I paid an RV dealer to winterize and watched the procedure. Well worth the price. He just blew out my lines. Only put antifreeze in the traps. Which ever way you prefer to winterize it may be worth the price to have it done and show you the proper procedure.

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Check for one valve in the wrong posistion....

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
IF you are referring to the fresh water storage tank as a "holding tank" then there SHOULD be no way for the water pump to draw antifreeze from the bottle and PUSH it into the storage tank. To do that it would need to run backwards. I DOUBT if it would run backwards even if the battery were hooked up with reverse polarity but might be worth taking a look to be sure it's "white to ground". If you actually mean it's ending up in the holding tank than it HAS to travel through the plumbing, out a faucet and down through a drain in order to get to any of the holding tanks.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

chevyman2
Explorer
Explorer
Well without viewing the plumbing on your particular model. There is "usually" 3 winterizing valves on newer class A MHs. 1 bypasses the W/H. 1 bypasses the water tank (or closes it off). The last one opens the siphon hose. If these are not clearly marked, then find your water pump--undo the plumbing hose on the inlet side of the pump, and fasten a siphon hose to that said inlet. Suck in antifreeze as required at that point. (Of course do try to bypass the W/H first)

For more detailed instructions you can view several examples on You Tube, contact a dealer, contact Gulf Stream, ETC. Since you do need to drain all tanks and lines prior to antifreeze
Tim-DW(Kathy)
12 Chevy Sonic DD, 03 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE, 2001 Jayco KIWI
If a "nightmare" is considered a dream-then I am living the dream