cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

woke up today with no A/C...

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Unit is lifeless. As if a fuse is blown.
(hmm.. maybe I should check the fuse.).
17 REPLIES 17

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
groundhogy wrote:

engineers are not electricians.

Engineers obviously aren't mechanics either and obviously don't work on what they design............

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Oooooooo little LED T-5's connected to .5 amp fuse with a 33K resistor across the breaker and change them Elek-trons to Pho-tons. Open the door and see an evil light your questions are answered instantly.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
groundhogy wrote:

I am cross trained, Electric power, Electronics and I have published an engineering article or two.

But yes, I do agree, what all this has taught me is do not accept anything as gospel. Breakers may not LOOK triped but still be, Black may or may not be "Ground"(Negative or neutral) same with White.

And as a dedicated follower of MURPHY.

If there is a way to screw it up.. They will.

Callahan's Corollary to Murphy's Law: "Murphy was an optimist."

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a lot of engineer jokes at the ready, but as my FIL is one I hold them in reserve. He's too smart for his own good. ๐Ÿ™‚
Puma 30RKSS

100ton
Explorer
Explorer
I had similar issues with the double breaker (two on one) tripping when both breakers were in use, heat perhaps? Anyway, I replaced the double with two singles (hope your panel has room) , problem solved.
'05 Ford F250 Crew Cab, PSD, 4X4, Short Bed, Camper & Tow Package, Limited Slip Differential
'05 CrossRoads, Cruiser 29RK
PullRite 16K SuperGlide

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
groundhogy wrote:

I am cross trained, Electric power, Electronics and I have published an engineering article or two.

But yes, I do agree, what all this has taught me is do not accept anything as gospel. Breakers may not LOOK triped but still be, Black may or may not be "Ground"(Negative or neutral) same with White.

And as a dedicated follower of MURPHY.

If there is a way to screw it up.. They will.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Ive been herding electrons all my life and never saw one yet. lol.
Ive felt a good number of them though.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
There could be a fuse panel behind the metal plate next to the 120 volt AC circuit breakers held in place by a thumb screw.
What kind of thermostat? Have you tried to switch to fan only to see if it operates?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

j-d
Explorer II
Explorer II
If GOD wanted me messing with electrons HE'd've made'em big enough to see.
If God's Your Co-Pilot Move Over, jd
2003 Jayco Escapade 31A on 2002 Ford E450 V10 4R100 218" WB

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Confessions of an electrical engineer....

I just pulled the breaker box cover and all wires look pristine.
Then I notice that one of the breakers has two little tiny switches on it instead of one big switch. And.. theres a little orange flag showing on one of them. So I flipped it again ( thought I had done this already ) and back on. The little orange flag disappears and a/c works again.

Im not used to all these fancy breakers im seeing nowadays.
All these little test buttons and flags and such.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Let me see if I can find where the A/C wires go to on the breaker box to check for discoloration.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
There is no smell.
I am on 30A shore power and have been at this spot for 1.5 months.
All other electric appliances working.
Im not sure there is a "bank" of fuses to check furnace fuse. I only know
of a breaker panel.

Crazy_Ray
Explorer
Explorer
What unit Mh<5th W are you talking about, SURE WOULD HELP.
RET ARMY 1980,"Tiny" furkid, Class A, 2007 Bounder 35E, Ford V10 w/Steer Safe, 4 6V CROWN,GC235,525W Solar Kyocera, TriStar 45 Controller,Tri-Metric 2020,Yamaha 2400, TOW CRV. Ready Brake. "Living Our Dream" NASCAR #11-18-19-20- LOVE CO,NM,AZ

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Chris would know more than I, but was there any smell? Last trip out we had a fellow camper who had a start capacitor melt down on him.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand