cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Post your tow vehicle pics here

doughboy81972
Explorer
Explorer
hello all I figure that I would start this thread so we can all show off our TV's that do the burden work and then are forgoten once you get where you are going. so here is my 1996 Dodge Ram 2500 LB, EC, 2WD

Note from moderator,
Please keep pics to a max 640 width as a favor to those with smaller screens and dial up. "IF" you can not figure out how to make the pics smaller, post them, PM me or hit 'notify moderator' button, say you can not resize pics, and I aka blt2ski/Marty will go in and edit/fix.
Enjoy everyones pics
Marty

>

Steven 44
1 dog
IL Rallies attended :B:B
2,652 REPLIES 2,652

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Both trucks looks great... why did you buy the new one? Age or mileage of old one?

Devo_the_dog
Explorer
Explorer
New 2019 3500 HO - came with papers from Mexico and entered the USA legally.

I'm keeping the American made 2005 F350 V10 because it's still in great shape, has never had a problem, and has a higher payload capacity than the 3500. So, I'll use it for heavy payloads, going to the dump, etc.
The dodge fan boys hate the dodge/ram dealerships. Now that I have owned a Mexican Fiat Oui-Oui, I understand why.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
jshupe wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Nice rig JShupe... I would say the squat is acceptable.

It's simply setting level as it should be with a nice load. IMHO "SQUAT" is when the rear is lower than the front.

4,750# pin in this pic, no bags. I did add bags set to 30psi LOADED and Bilstein's. The ride height did not change at that pressure. Bags and Bil's did improve the ride!

This was my 11 HO.

The rear is about half an inch lower than the front, to be clear. I don't have air suspension and the trailer isn't fully loaded. The concern is more about how much squat there will be when fully loaded since it's already sitting a hair low. Our pin was around 3200# when I weighed it a couple years ago, and I have a 60gal aux tank + tools + hitch in the bed.

You won't know if the squat will get worse or not until you load it up. Having said that the springs maybe at a point in compression that it will take a lot of weight to make it squat even more.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:

It's simply setting level as it should be with a nice load. IMHO "SQUAT" is when the rear is lower than the front.

4,750# pin in this pic, no bags. I did add bags set to 30psi LOADED and Bilstein's. The ride height did not change at that pressure. Bags and Bil's did improve the ride!

This was my 11 HO.

The rear is about half an inch lower than the front, to be clear. I don't have air suspension and the trailer isn't fully loaded. The concern is more about how much squat there will be when fully loaded since it's already sitting a hair low. Our pin was around 3200# when I weighed it a couple years ago, and I have a 60gal aux tank + tools + hitch in the bed.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
FishOnOne wrote:

This was my 11 HO.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

larry_barnhart
Explorer
Explorer
Mr. Cob wrote:
TowBo wrote:
All these beautiful trucks... then there's me... 2016 Kia Sorento towing a 19' Jayco Jay Flight around the Pacific Northwest and yes, we get strange looks.

Howdy Towbo,

We all started out somewhere, as one who has gone from why less then what you now have to the other extreme and I do mean extreme when it comes to tow vehicles and trailers, its not what you have but how much you ENJOY using it. Welcome to the forum.

Dave

Dave I am happy about your comments. I have said similar comments to rv'rs though the last years. chevman
chevman
2019 rockwood 34 ft fifth wheel sold
2005 3500 2wd duramax CC dually
prodigy

KSH 55 inbed fuel tank

scanguage II
TD-EOC
Induction Overhaul Kit
TST tire monitors
FMCA # F479110

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
You have gotten the factory rear air. Your truck is setting level just as it should!!! That is NOT squat.

Nice ride!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer

First tow with our new 3500. Loving it so far

On the fence about whether or not I want to add StableLoads to get rid of what may be a little more squat than I prefer.

2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jimmy,
If you will follow these directions exactly, it is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post

without ANY changes

. No additions or deletions.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.:)

In regards to your other comments, only moderators or Admin can delete a post. If you wish to eliminate something you wrote, just edit it and take out everything and leave a period or a comment like "edited" and the moderator will delete your post when he/she notices it. Nothing unusual about either of these things.

Don't know why you cannot edit your signature. It works ok for me.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

JIMMY034
Explorer
Explorer

I give up.
2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD 4X4, 6.6L Duramax/Allison, Amsoil dual oil bypass filter system, Demco Recon 21K hitch. 2004 Puma 28' 5th wheel. USAF/Desert Storm Vet. CDL-A driver for Walmart.

JIMMY034
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I feel like we're back in the 80's here. So I'm to understand that in 2019 we need a 'picture hosting' site somewhere else online to post a pic on here? Isn't that...stone-age technology? Is my understanding correct on this? Can't just select a pic from our files and post it? On top of that, I cannot edit my signature, so...yeah. Everything is still the same as it was many years ago. ??
2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500 HD 4X4, 6.6L Duramax/Allison, Amsoil dual oil bypass filter system, Demco Recon 21K hitch. 2004 Puma 28' 5th wheel. USAF/Desert Storm Vet. CDL-A driver for Walmart.

JIMMY034
Explorer
Explorer
Can't delete a message either? Wow. Just wow.

PershingD
Explorer
Explorer
TowBo wrote:
All these beautiful trucks... then there's me... 2016 Kia Sorento towing a 19' Jayco Jay Flight around the Pacific Northwest and yes, we get strange looks.

No objections here. I started out married life towing a โ€˜76 Elkhart 23โ€™ with a V8 Dodge Dakota.
David Pershing
Gayle-DW
Alex-DS
Jesse-DS
Nikki-DD
Justin - DS

1997 Dodge Ram 3500 8.0L V-10
2017 Zinger 27RL

PershingD
Explorer
Explorer
PershingD wrote:
Finally made the first trip out with the Dodge...

Itโ€™s been a couple of years and the only issue Iโ€™ve had with the beast outside of routine maintenance was a perplexing cooling system issue that I finally got worked out this Spring. Moral of the story - if your gut says change the water pump, change the water pump no matter what the โ€œexpertsโ€ say. Iโ€™m now towing cool as a cucumber.
David Pershing
Gayle-DW
Alex-DS
Jesse-DS
Nikki-DD
Justin - DS

1997 Dodge Ram 3500 8.0L V-10
2017 Zinger 27RL