cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

RandK-M
Explorer
Explorer
Another to add to the list of completed mods. I needed a place to mount the American flag that we like to put out on or camper. On the old PUP, I mounted the bracket to the battery box since having the front storage trunk made the battery forward enough for the flag pole to clear the front bunk.

On the new HTT, this wouldn't work and since I wanted the flag on the front, I needed another plan. My first idea was to mount some sort of L-bracket to a spare 2" ball and mount the flag bracket to that, but this was easier and always mounted, so one less thing to carry and put up each time.

I decided a good place would be the tongue jack.
I purchased a #5 conduit hanger at HD for around $2.00 and bolted the flag bracket to that. There was also a little tab on the flag bracket that was in the right place to bend over and crimp to the conduit holder. This gives it a little more strength, and will keep the flag bracket from turning if the bolt ever loosened at all.

New mounting bracket painted black to match the trailer tongue.

Flag bracket installed - Does not interfere with cranking the jack or get too close to my hand.
Jayco 17Z
Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
Prodigy P2
Equal-i-zer Hitch
US Navy Veteran

crckt7
Explorer
Explorer
eend wrote:
crckt7 wrote:
We bought a 2001 Jayco Kiwi 23b. As far as we can see, no maintenance was done on this camper in 9 years! After tearing out the linoleum, we found quite a bit of water staining and one spot where it was really rotted. We have contained all the leaks, and have installed laminate flooring left over from when we built our house. My husband is yet to finish the molding, but I love it! Here are a few pictures of our floor installation. We are hoping the flooring will last until we buy a newer camper.

http://picasaweb.google.com/crockettfour/CamperFlooring#

Your flooring looks great, I'am busy installing new laminate (heritage birch) in our prowler fifthwheel as well, the trouble is every wall is very crooked, and I found nice new carped for the bedroom,that a builder had tossed for a new show home. tossed out the dusty rose carped.

What did you use for baseboard in your trailer??

Thanks
Menno.

We Used quarter round molding. Fits perfectly under the cabinets. Love it. I am installing peel and stick flooring in the bathroom as soon as it is dried out.
Roy and Sandra Crockett
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23b
? Tow Vehicle

eend
Explorer
Explorer
crckt7 wrote:
We bought a 2001 Jayco Kiwi 23b. As far as we can see, no maintenance was done on this camper in 9 years! After tearing out the linoleum, we found quite a bit of water staining and one spot where it was really rotted. We have contained all the leaks, and have installed laminate flooring left over from when we built our house. My husband is yet to finish the molding, but I love it! Here are a few pictures of our floor installation. We are hoping the flooring will last until we buy a newer camper.

Your flooring looks great, I'am busy installing new laminate (heritage birch) in our prowler fifthwheel as well, the trouble is every wall is very crooked, and I found nice new carped for the bedroom,that a builder had tossed for a new show home. tossed out the dusty rose carped.

What did you use for baseboard in your trailer??

Thanks
Menno.
2019 VW Tiguan
2015 F150 ecoboost
2013 Arctic Fox 22G
1971 Boler 1300

Happy0810
Explorer
Explorer
jocobe wrote:
Where did he purchase the tank from?

He purchased it online with PPL Motorhomes. He's gone out to take some pics right now so I'll try to get them uploaded soon.

I'm glad we have this mod since we are going on a 9 day camping trip in June. Hoping to only load up once during the trip to go to the dump station.
------------------------------------------------------
Happy0810
Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax & 2006 Rockwood Roo
23SS

http://community.webshots.com/user/Happy0209

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
crckt7

Flooring job looks very nice.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

crckt7
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you aepowell, your next 2001 kiwi owner will love you for that!
Roy and Sandra Crockett
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23b
? Tow Vehicle

aepowell
Explorer
Explorer
That looks great. I wont to do that to my 2001 Kiwi.
Anthony & Margie Powell
Sherman,Tx.
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23B
2013 Ram Slt Lonestar(yea its got a HEMI)

crckt7
Explorer
Explorer

Roy and Sandra Crockett
2001 Jayco Kiwi 23b
? Tow Vehicle

jocobe
Explorer
Explorer
Happy0810 wrote:
popeye59 wrote:
Did he connect the two tanks together or does one section of the trailer fill one tank and the other section the other tank? Pictures would be cool.

He connected them together. I'll try to get pics today if it's not raining.

Where did he purchase the tank from?

Happy0810
Explorer
Explorer
popeye59 wrote:
Did he connect the two tanks together or does one section of the trailer fill one tank and the other section the other tank? Pictures would be cool.

He connected them together. I'll try to get pics today if it's not raining.
Happy0810
23SS

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

jocobe
Explorer
Explorer
Happy0810 wrote:
Not photos yet, but DH just added a second gray water holding tank under the HTT. We've had a couple of mishaps right at the end of a trip with the gray water tank filling completely up and water coming back up the shower drain. Smelly and not fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ The second tank should eliminate those issues without having to make a trip to the dump station.

I'd like to see pics!

Happy0810
Explorer
Explorer
Not photos yet, but DH just added a second gray water holding tank under the HTT. We've had a couple of mishaps right at the end of a trip with the gray water tank filling completely up and water coming back up the shower drain. Smelly and not fun! ๐Ÿ™‚ The second tank should eliminate those issues without having to make a trip to the dump station.
Happy0810
23SS

Camp_Nova_Scoti
Explorer
Explorer

Clean and treated rubber roof and added Camco vent covers

added a hitch receiver and had the bumper reinforced

Changed all the the gold colored cabinet hardware with brushed nickel hardware

Added a quick connect for my second battery when boondocking

Made some homemade wheel chocks and had replaced tires with Maxxis st8008

Replaced bunkend latches with new cargo type and painted the propane/ battery cover over with fusion paint
2011 Passport 250bh towed by 2009 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD

RonandAmy_Beani
Explorer
Explorer
Converted our wardrobe into a pantry

Installed a handy little device that both stores and holds plastic grocery bags to use for trash.

2012 KZ Spree 321RKS
2012 Ford 150 Ecoboost