cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Did the plastic bottles melt and catch fire? Been there, done that.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tladams
Explorer
Explorer
Got to take my first trip this past weekend with the new 21M. It was an unexpected trip, so I hurried up and loaded the trailer with some supplies. Bought some cheap Tiki torches to keep the mosquitoes at bay, and I found out real quick why they were so cheap!! I had a few adult beverages and decided to make my own custom Tiki Torches with the remnants of those adult beverages! I was quite pleased with the way they turned out, now I just gotta perfect the procedure and fine tune them just a little bit. Let me know what you think!! Hope to have more Mod pics of things I've done to the trailer coming in the near future, just thought I'd share these with everyone. Haven't seen many mods posted that weren't actually on the trailer, so hope I'm not breaking any rules here:C

Tim

2008 Toyota Tundra TRD
2007 Columbia Bugaboo - Keeping it, just in case the mood strikes!
2010 Jayco 21M

2010 Days Camped - 11

Larry2c2000
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the compliments guys and of course thanks for all the tips.

To the mods, sorry for the double post - I thought since this was a permanent thread that having a similar one on the HTT thread would be OK. I won't do that anymore. Just fyi, I reduced the pics down to thumbnails and even removed them and it still shoves it to the side of the previous post - strange.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Larry, verrryy nice and clean! excellent job. i wish mine looked that good.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Larry2c2000
Explorer
Explorer
Today I finished off the dual battery setup I've been wanting since we bought the trailer. I bought a piece of 1/4" aluminum treadplate and some 1 1/2" aluminum angle material. Since I don't have a welder, this was assembled with self tapping countersinking screws. Thanks to suggestions from this forum, I found the starter wires in various lengths at Kragen and CW provided the second battery box & cut off switch. With this mod, all LED lights and some battery (D cell) operated fans, we should be able to run the DW's CPAP and everything else we need for a weekend with a little juice to spare.

Thanks to all for suggestions and answers to my questions!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640x480px maximum.

HeyJude
Explorer
Explorer
Allyscia wrote:
Hello
I love the tv stand. How did you make it? We have the same prob. and we bought a similar arm and tv but have been unable to figure out how to use it without drilling holes in our RV. Does it ever tip over from the weight of the tv?
He made a platform to put it on. It doesn't move, he has it fitted in there pretty good. I can have him tell you how he did it when he gets home. He just makes things and doesn't always show me how it does it. I know he matched the counter and shelf really well. If you look at the photo you can see where the platform is and the extension where it is screwed to it. I can go take better photos too if you would like.

Next... Gordon put a bracket up for our small LCD TV. It wasn't easy since we couldn't use either side wall or the outside wall. He made a stand that fit on the shelf, he matched the countertop and it looks pretty good.
This is the bracket and stand that he made. At first I didn't think it would work, or look good, but he did a great job!
width=640[/IMG]
This is how it looks when we are going down the road.
2 DD both grown.
2 GC-loves of my life!
Campground lot in Harrison MI.
looking for good used 5th wheel.

21RockRoo
Explorer
Explorer
parscott wrote:
This is my first mod on my first trailer (2002 Rockwood Roo 18-M). I've only had it for 2 months but we it would be nice to have some more storage. especally for the tote tank....

That looks great!! I want to do something similar, but not sure if I want it so permanent. Good job, and awesome mod!

parscott
Explorer
Explorer
This is my first mod on my first trailer (2002 Rockwood Roo 18-M). I've only had it for 2 months but we it would be nice to have some more storage. especally for the tote tank....

Allyscia
Explorer
Explorer
Hello
I love the tv stand. How did you make it? We have the same prob. and we bought a similar arm and tv but have been unable to figure out how to use it without drilling holes in our RV. Does it ever tip over from the weight of the tv?

HeyJude wrote:
We got a few things done today. I finally put in shelves in that tiny closet of ours. I did most of it by myself, and being me that is a huge accomplishment!
Here is the start...

Getting there.... first shelf is on!

Finally done! It was more expensive than I expected, but the end results were worth the expense.

Next... Gordon put a bracket up for our small LCD TV. It wasn't easy since we couldn't use either side wall or the outside wall. He made a stand that fit on the shelf, he matched the countertop and it looks pretty good.
This is the bracket and stand that he made. At first I didn't think it would work, or look good, but he did a great job!

View of the back where the TV is mounted.

This is how it looks when we are going down the road.

Viewing angle..

And now my favorite mod of all! I put a soap dispenser in the shower. Boy, did it clear up alot of room!

Moderator edit to re-size pictures to forum limit of 640X480px maximum.

Me my Husband + 2 Kids
JDay
Canada
160 Hybrid Kodiak

FiveInARoo
Explorer
Explorer
Camping World - Screen Door Cross Bar
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/screen-door-cross-bar/35872

Screen Door Push Bar (another option)
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/screen-door-push-bar/4373
2006 Yukon XL Denali (was 2007 Toyota Sienna XLE) with WDH/Sway Control/Brake Controller
2010 Rockwood Roo 233 โ€ข Days camped 2009: 21 โ€ข Days camped 2010: 32 โ€ข Days camped 2011: 30 โ€ข Days camped 2012: 30 โ€ข Days camped 2013: 28
Me, DH & 3 DS (8-11 years old)

TMMull
Explorer
Explorer
Where did you get the handle ?
2008 Starcraft 185SB Antigua
2005 Ford F150 XLT Supercab 4.6

FiveInARoo
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't find the bar that tight, only because you can now just use a finger to pull or push the door. And it saves the top screen from being pushed on. You could always install it without the spacers, and if you find it too tight, add the spacers after in the same spot. I love it though and am really happy with it.
2006 Yukon XL Denali (was 2007 Toyota Sienna XLE) with WDH/Sway Control/Brake Controller
2010 Rockwood Roo 233 โ€ข Days camped 2009: 21 โ€ข Days camped 2010: 32 โ€ข Days camped 2011: 30 โ€ข Days camped 2012: 30 โ€ข Days camped 2013: 28

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
FiveInARoo wrote:

Love this storm door handle - easier for the kids to use

did you find that the bar is really close to the screen? i bought the same door bar but found that my fingers barely fit between the handle and the screen. i made up some wood spacers to move it away some.
haven't installed it yet, though.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
miatared wrote:
I got it on eBay from a boater who never got to install it on his recently sold boat. for $75 :C

I am still on the hunt for the AC donut sensor.

Denis

I did a search and found a company that I emailed and said they still had some of the VENA AC/DC monitors. Bainbridge Technologies still has some. Unfortunately for me they are in Australia and the asking price is $649.00 their money, which is $568.58 USD. Then there would be shipping and all that. I can't justify that expense for my application. They might have the AC Donut sensor. If you want a contact name and email, let me know.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

FiveInARoo
Explorer
Explorer
Sewer hose storage - Valterra 46" EZ Hose carrier - it doesn't hold the Rhino hose with fittings so I had to take them off. Other problems? Mounting holes were wider than the bumper, and with the spare tire it didn't sit flush either. My solution? Take cutoff hockey stick ends, tape them to the mounting ends to raise it over the spare tire mount, use velcro wrap around the hose to attach it to the bumper, and no-more-nails tape to adhere the hockey sticks to the bumper - finally complete! Who knew it'd be such a pain.

Love this storm door handle - easier for the kids to use

Small kitchen mods - magnetic message board, key hooks, outdoor thermometer, magnetic tins sit on magnetic strip which is attached with velcro to counter, dish rack

Wardrobe door - adding this for storing garbage bags, rain ponchos, light sticks etc. plus hooks for hanging umbrella or hats

Left lower cabinet under side bunk - for dry food items

Right lower cabinet under side bunk - fits toaster oven, coffee maker and kettle perfectly

Bathroom mods - Oxygenics shower head (awesome!), soap/shampoo dispenser, over the door hook for towels

Privacy curtain using tension bathtub rod and grommet curtains (haven't shortened them yet) to make a decent change area because the bathroom is so darn small

And I have a list of more to do's of course... DH doesn't mind if he doesn't have to do them! LOL