cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Show your mods!!

Mr_Usa
Explorer
Explorer
This is a removeable DVD stand I made out of conduit and wood for the back bunk in our Jayco 23B. swivels and tilted slightly. I also made one that will slide in the post where our regular TV sits for those "Dry camping" days!!

Weather station.

Clock installed above Dinette.

No need to bring a chunk of wood with.

08 Jayco 23B
02 Sequoia SR5 I-Force V8
Equalizer Hitch
The wife, Mrs. Usa
Our son AJ
Norman & his lil Buddy
499 REPLIES 499

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
looks good didn't see these at Menards & lowe's had a totally different set up.

haroldpe86 wrote:
Here's mine a male-male- threaded adapter, some teflon tape, and plastic 1/4turn valves. Very simple and effective mod.

TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana
Camping and geocaching with a smile....
2007 Fleetwood Orbit 240 XPS
1999 Star Craft Venture popup (Sold 9/15/12!!!)

haroldpe86
Explorer
Explorer
Here's mine a male-male- threaded adapter, some teflon tape, and plastic 1/4turn valves. Very simple and effective mod.

Gary - 2010 Kodiak 184 HTT

Gaffer222
Explorer
Explorer
b
2007 Ford Expedition Limited w/Tow package & 3.73 Rear end
Equal-i-zer & Prodigy
2015 Keystone Outback Terrain 250TRS
DW, DD Circa 2002, DD Circa 2005

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
camp4ever wrote:

Did you tephlon tape it??? Looks good!!

No I did not I used a gel that the plumbing dept. suggested instead. I don't have the tube nearby but I can say it was a red & white tube and the gel was grey in color. It said to put it around the threads before attaching them. The guy said this works better and last longer then the tephlon tape...
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana

camp4ever
Explorer
Explorer
tracyb1101 wrote:
Well I got my low drains changed out thanks for the help and advice ,once I knew what I needed it was easy to do..as you can see I needed the nipples to thread in but it works nicely...Thanks everyone

Did you tephlon tape it??? Looks good!!
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2004 Ford Explorer w/ Towing Package
2014 Passport 2300 BH

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
Well I got my low drains changed out thanks for the help and advice ,once I knew what I needed it was easy to do..as you can see I needed the nipples to thread in but it works nicely...Thanks everyone

TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know that they are inside of the trailer when I mentioned the spots you might want to try and find them I meant look outside under those particular areas of the trailer (i.e.: tub/ water heater, or your couch area)
popeye59 wrote:
I can find the water tank drain under the Roo, but as far as any drain valves inside, nope. I'll crawl under there again to see, but if this is only to help winterize, I blow air through the lines so I'm not too concerned about lines freezing.
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
ok thanks going tomorrow to pick up some items before our first voyage out will grab these as well. Yesterday we transferred our stuff from the popup and cleaned the awning WOW!! We have so much more room,...!!!!!

camp4ever wrote:
tracyb1101 wrote:
ok here are my low drains I went to Menard's the other day in search of the 1/4 values and they had them.. the guy there showed me how they work using the same type of tubing I had. My question after leaving the store of course was do I need to cut off the bottom where the plugs are now because the the tube he demonstratedhow they work did not have the fitting that I have on mine right now it was just the tube. I have included a photo to what I am referring to.
My low drains

Thanks VJK & Tracy B

Get the 1/4 turn valves that have a male fitting that will screw into your existing. Just use some tef
lon tape
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana

camp4ever
Explorer
Explorer
tracyb1101 wrote:
ok here are my low drains I went to Menard's the other day in search of the 1/4 values and they had them.. the guy there showed me how they work using the same type of tubing I had. My question after leaving the store of course was do I need to cut off the bottom where the plugs are now because the the tube he demonstratedhow they work did not have the fitting that I have on mine right now it was just the tube. I have included a photo to what I am referring to.
My low drains

Thanks VJK & Tracy B

Get the 1/4 turn valves that have a male fitting that will screw into your existing. Just use some tef
lon tape
2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
2004 Ford Explorer w/ Towing Package
2014 Passport 2300 BH

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
I can find the water tank drain under the Roo, but as far as any drain valves inside, nope. I'll crawl under there again to see, but if this is only to help winterize, I blow air through the lines so I'm not too concerned about lines freezing.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

justjjoe
Explorer
Explorer
My Roo 23SS has them, just can't see them unles you crawl underneath, there is no reason to see them on the 23SS because there are valves inside the unit that you use to open (drain) the lines. I would think it to be very similar in your 233S.

botterbein
Explorer
Explorer
popeye, I thought I didn't have any either, since the saleman who showed me the rig on delivery couldn't find them, so last year, I cut the clamps, drained and winterized. Come spring, when it was time to de winterize, guess what I found tucked under the rig, hidden from sight near the the rear bumper, low point drains.....grrrrrrrrr
-2008 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
-2011 Rockwood Roo21ss
-Husky WDH and Friction Sway
-Prodigy 2 Brake Controller

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
ok someone step in if I am not correct in this because I am a newbie.. I believe that every TT has them they are lines that run via your hot & cold water lines. My understanding of them is to open them when draining your system of water during winterizing so that all water will be out of the lines. Mine are located behind my water heater. ( Mine are red for hot water line/ white cold water line they don't all have these colors)there is also a similar one located near your fresh water tank to get all water out of it. when you de-winterize you can also open them to get any extra antifreeze out of the lines...

Let me say you may think you don't have them which I did too (and maybe you don't) but you will not see them unless you really get under your RV they are hidden well it took me a bit to locate mine and I had worked above the area that they are located in and never saw them...

You might look under the area of where you shower is located or I have read they can be located below your couch area.. good luck hope this helps..
VJK & TracyB

popeye59 wrote:
Not to appear overly ignorant, but what do the low drains drain? I obviously don't have any in my Roo 233S, but am curious in case we upgrade.
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana

popeye59
Explorer
Explorer
Not to appear overly ignorant, but what do the low drains drain? I obviously don't have any in my Roo 233S, but am curious in case we upgrade.
Frank and Jean
EM1 USN ret
DAV Life Member

'09 Rockwood Roo 233S
'03 1500 Silverado LS

The things that come to those that wait will be the junky stuff left by those that got there 1st.

Remember; never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

tracyb1101
Explorer
Explorer
My low drains

Thanks VJK & Tracy B
TMcB & VJK
plus 2 kids and 2 boxers
NW Indiana