cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your truck today?

AKSuperDually
Explorer
Explorer
I love cruising through the "what did you do to your camper today" thread, I figured I'd add a "what did you do to your truck today".

I'm sure that many of you are like me....and your truck that you use to haul your camper gets a lot of special attention to make sure it's in tip-top shape for your adventures.

I'll start out.....

Today I mounted 2 PIAA 520 Fog lights and 2 PIAA Driving lights to my winch bumper, and aimed them.

This evening, I received a box containing torklift stableload bumpstops. Those will have to wait for another day....we've got a blizzard going on here.
2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150
482 REPLIES 482

Carlos___Ranae
Explorer
Explorer
Just hit 95,000 miles on my 2012 Ram 3500, 6.7 diesel duelly. One issue during all that time and 42 states later, the dash displayed the dreaded lightening bolt and the truck would not go above 55 miles while pulling our rv.

Took it to the dealer and they quoted me a $2900 estimate to replace the EGR. After regaining my composure I paid the $65 diagnostic bill and went to the nearest auto part store. They ran a diagnostic for free and he showed me a You Tube video on how to fixit. It cost me a total of $57 for a crank shaft sensor, gasket and fluid to clean the EGR. That was 50,000 miles a go. Big shout to All Discount auto parts.

Oh yea, I changed the differential oil resently.
Carlos & Ranae
2017 Seismic 4212
2012 Dodge Ram, 3500 Laramie Longhorn
4X4, DWR, Pullrite 18KSuperslide Hitch
2006 Yamaha Midnight Silverado, 1700 CC

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Looking good. Mine will never look that good.
It looks as god as its ever going to get.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
notsobigjoe wrote:
Grit dog wrote:

Technically, it's still a Chevy! :B

Funny you should say that. I thought it WAS a Chevy when we bought it.
Someone had changed all the badges and trim to Chevy.
And I was so involved with looking at the truck itself, didnโ€™t even give the title a second glance.
First clue was when I removed the tailgate trim panel ,also replaced with a Chevy one, and the original appearing tailgate had GMC stamped in it.
Further inspection showed the glove box tag with โ€œSierraโ€ package.
And the grill is the aftermarket one you see in the pic, so that was no clue either. I re-used it and just fitted a GMC logo to it.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
Grit dog wrote:

Technically, it's still a Chevy! :B

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Rebuilt the front ball joints, wheel bearings and brakes. Next up is the steering gear, lines and drag link.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator

specta
Explorer
Explorer
A good day for sure. Pictures??
Kenny

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
On the old K20 (itโ€™s a Camper Special and used to haul a TC, so that counts, right?) finally got a bit of time to work on finishing it up. Started restoring it back in 2020. Been about 18months since itโ€™s been on the road.)
Still have to re-assemble the interior and paint the inside of the bed before putting it back on.
Then can finish up trim and pinstripes.
But today, got new front speakers mounted (so I can get the new dash and carpet in it), new shocks on and replaced all the original 36 year old brake hoses with extended braided lines.
Another success! Every brake line fitting came loose without any heat, penetrating oil, rounded off fittings or swear words even!
And the brakes all bled easily. Iโ€™d call that a Fathers Day gift!

abom2
Explorer
Explorer
Acquired a new to me 2021 Palomino HS-750. Previous owner purchased in Dec 2020. Was selling this one because they acquired a larger Palomino.

Started with the Brophy bed tie downs.

Installed the Torklift Frame mounted tie downs today. Trying to make time to install the front receiver I have purchased.

notsobigjoe
Nomad III
Nomad III
So after a little research and finding out a replacement window & frame is over $1000, I decided to see if I could fix it.

This should be in the product description as these things are insanely over priced! :R

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
We have a 2 year old Northstar 12 STC with a Midi Heki skylight. We got back from a camping trip last week, and I unloaded the camper and started washing. As I was washing the front, I notice what looked like a crack on the frame of the skylight near the hinge. Climbed up on top, and sure enough, the skylight frame was broken the entire length from hinge to hinge. Not sure what happened, as we have never opened the skylight since it was new, and it didn't show any signs or scratches like I hit something.

So after a little research and finding out a replacement window & frame is over $1000, I decided to see if I could fix it. I used 3M Panel Bonding Adhesive, I guess this is what car door skins & other body parts are installed with instead of welding these days. My buddy that owns a body shop swears by it.

I was able to return the cracked plastic to stronger than original. Luckily this part of the hatch isn't visible when the hatch is installed.

Still not sure what caused the cracking, but I do remember when we got home from the trip, I was surprised to see the window latch bar Under the latch button instead of above the latch button as usual. Maybe the hatch was flapping in the wind on our trip home?

Anyway, glad I caught it as we're leaving on a 12,000 mile trip from Buffalo, NY throughout the Pacific Northwest, up to Alaska and back starting in a week.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II

I upgraded from an old style digital that was failing...(10 years old), to the new style 7 color. They also have better sending transducers and in this application, I used a banjo bolt with an upgraded snubber valve right at the vp44 pump. At the rear of the filter housing, I went with another banjo bolt with the old school stone snubber and a tradition gauge (glycerin filled), that shows me pump pressure pre filter. Truck is 2nd gen cummins with a ddrp FASS fuel pump...so far so good.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
7.3driver wrote:
Weight truck/camper
Truck: 1999 F350,crewcab, dully, 7.3 w/automatic, fuel tank full (36-37 gal.).

Camper: 2000 Bigfoot 25c10.6, 1 battery, no propane tanks, 2500 generator and foam mattress. Other wise empty.

No driver.

10660 lbs.total. Front axle 4140 lbs. Rear axle 6520.

Max 11200 lbs on the door tag.

Fully loaded.
Front - 3620 rating - 4400
Rear - 7040 rating - 6200

GVWR - 9500

Truck with empty camper - 9980

Did I mention I love my new shocks? :B
Kenny

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
S Davis wrote:
Installed a 51 Gallon aux tank for a total of 87 gallons.

Nice clean install!
But why all the extra parts and filter? Not down with gravity fill?
Whatโ€™s the top line off the tank for?

I wanted a filter to catch the condensation from the metal aux tank before going into the main tank, and while I was at it decided to add a pump. It is on a 15 minute timer and will pump a little over 7 gallons before shutting off. The pipe on top is a vent with roll over valve.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
7.3driver wrote:
No driver.

Must be hard to get anywhere. :D. Sorry, I couldn't resist.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member