cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your truck today?

AKSuperDually
Explorer
Explorer
I love cruising through the "what did you do to your camper today" thread, I figured I'd add a "what did you do to your truck today".

I'm sure that many of you are like me....and your truck that you use to haul your camper gets a lot of special attention to make sure it's in tip-top shape for your adventures.

I'll start out.....

Today I mounted 2 PIAA 520 Fog lights and 2 PIAA Driving lights to my winch bumper, and aimed them.

This evening, I received a box containing torklift stableload bumpstops. Those will have to wait for another day....we've got a blizzard going on here.
2000 Ford F350 DRW 4x4 7.3L
2003 Arctic Fox 1150
482 REPLIES 482

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Washed the truck and camper inside and out.

Resealed every compartment door and the three interior doors that access the wheel wells.
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

dhull
Explorer II
Explorer II
Truck bed liner...
I just used it on the wing area of ours. It'll be impervious to road spray now. Was Luan covered with contact paper stapled around the edges. Yea that'll hold back water. Used Herculiner, it's awesome!

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced two roof plumbing roof vents, and found my running light gremlin. It turned out to be the plug, again. For some reason, the one in the bed doesnโ€™t like to stay in place sometimes. I think itโ€™s the camper moving in the bed.

I have another potential issue to checkout tomorrow. It looks like some of the weather protection near the generator on the bottom has come loose or is damaged from weather. I guess Iโ€™ll take a better look in the AM and maybe seal with bedliner etc.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bedlam wrote:
Currently, I have the 225's with 4.44 gearing. My Toyo's are 245's which will make cruising RPM a little less. 65 mph is 2000 rpm in stock trim.

What width rims are you running?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
Currently, I have the 225's with 4.44 gearing. My Toyo's are 245's which will make cruising RPM a little less. 65 mph is 2000 rpm in stock trim.

I have 4.89s and didn't care for the 225s with them. With the 245s, you'll effectively be around 4.28, which should be really nice.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

Bedlam

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

n0arp
Explorer
Explorer
Bedlam wrote:
I have a tower of Toyo M655's sitting in the garage waiting to be mounted. We are spending some time on the Oregon Coastal Dunes and will try to get this done between trips. 7 by 82 lbs is much easier to move around on a furniture dolly than rolling one at a time.

Are you running the OE 225/70R19.5s? What gearing do you have?
2000 Country Coach Magna 40',
4380W solar, 22.8kWh LiFePO4@48V, 450AH AGM@12V
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 2.0T, cloaked on 37x13.5s

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Continued my search for a junkyard for a new driver's door, dim-bulb moment and forgot I was parked next to a column in parking garage and ran the driver's door into it (The door was already slated to be replaced, since it has a crack through part of the window frame, this just stepped up my timeline since the door sticks a little now when opening it).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

Bedlam
I have a tower of Toyo M655's sitting in the garage waiting to be mounted. We are spending some time on the Oregon Coastal Dunes and will try to get this done between trips. 7 by 82 lbs is much easier to move around on a furniture dolly than rolling one at a time.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Changed the fuel filter again.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

specta
Explorer
Explorer

Took it camping and hit 225,228 miles when I reached my camping site.
Maybe I should cut back on driving it soo much. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kenny

Bedlam
Most truck campers have those lights, but Host assumes your truck will have them and does not have the center lights on their units (yes, I asked).

If Raptors and Rebels and other over width SRW vehicles can run them in the grill as OEM, I don't know why a DRW could not. You see the center light option on narrower SRW's because if you tow a wider flatbed or dump trailer, you should also have them. Since there is no trailer location for these lights, the truck should be carrying the lights.

specta
Explorer
Explorer
I like them and they look nice.

I am seriously considering having cab marker lights installed on my PU.

I bought some a few years ago and the guy that was going to install them moved so now I'm thinking I'll check with the local Chevy dealer.
Kenny

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
@AnEv, I seriously doubt youโ€™d ever get pinched for no cab markers. Have to be a really schitty cop to do that. Besides, you could just say they never were there in the first place!
Man Iโ€™ve looked at those cordless marker lights. For a resto truck that Iโ€™m not drilling holes in. But idk if I can choke down $300 for marker lights either!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
jimh425 wrote:
AnEv942 wrote:
Got ID lights installed in Grill.. thanks for the suggestion Bedlam

Whatโ€™s the purpose? Are you thinking someone canโ€™t see your headlights and running lights?

https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/standards/conspicuity/TBMpstr.html
Our new replacement roof does not have cab lights, so truck no longer legal. Truck is over 80" wide (exclusive of mirrors) so cab lights like on your F450 are legally required. Reluctant to replace due to drilling new roof though likely will at some point. This, placing ID lights into grill, was an easy interim token effort to satisfy requirement temporarily. I doubt, being a pickup, I'd ever get cited for lack of ID/clearance lights but where I can I try to be within the
laws.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com