Tow Vehicles
From fifth wheels to teardrop trailers and everything in between.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Towing

I just bought a 2014 Coachman Freedom Express Liberty Edition 298 reds travel trailer. The dry weight is 6,876 lbs. Payload capacity is 2,982. I'm looking for suggestions for vehicles for towing. Thanks, Ray "Forum Posting Help and Support is reserve...

rjjr38 by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Interesting tow vehicle

This combo just pulled into my campground in Red Deer. The trailer looks to be about 25 feet from the side.I'll see if I can engage them in conversation and find out more as the day goes on. thanks!Kevin

Towing

I have a 2018 Ram 2500 with the 6.4 liter Hemi with a tow rating of 15,563 lbs. My question is I am looking at a 5th wheel that has a gross weight of 15,500 and the dry weight is 13,469. Would this be something I can tow? Also too this 5ver has a hit...

Ray_T_07 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

New tow vehicle

Hello friends, Last week I decided to make the deal and trade in my 2008 2500 CTD for this 2017 Ram 3500 SLT diesel. The 2008 only had 135 000 km (85 000 miles), but it was beginning to feel out-of-date, and when factoring in its strong trade-in val...

Tow Vehicles . . . in the Alps

Traveling in Germany, Switzerland and Austria - seeing configurations like this a lot:This is a horrible picture, partly because we're traveling 80+ mph while passing this rig, and I didn't want to be too obvious in taking the photo.Nevertheless, it ...

Unusual Tow Vehicle

I have seen more than one of these. Owners change to parabolic springs and air seats.Caravan is lightweight about 7,000lbs. 5.2 Diesel, . Payload is enormous compared to a Pickup. It has absolutely no problem on hills , very fuel efficient and bulle...

Towing

New to RVing! I have a 2004 Cadillac SRX with a tow package and a 3500 lbs hitch (350 tongue weight). What is the most weight that I can tow?

Kbob by Explorer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Tow vehicle tire trauma.....

Yep...this a.m. ...greater Phoenix metroplex. Planned on camping this weekend , but, now need to get remaining tiresreplaced... camp site cancelled. 4 years old, Michelin LTX M/S 245/75/R16... side wall blow out.Not towing when it happened. Had dryi...

cdlaine by Explorer
  • 56 replies
  • 0 likes

New Tow Vehicle

Pretty excited about our new tow vehicle. Heading to the Rockies next year most likely and this will be a welcome upgrade. The wagon worked good but was really beyond its limits. It did a pretty flawless job for the last 8-9000 miles of towing ho...

Wishin by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Classic/Vintage Tow Vehicles

Lets see your classic or vintage tow vehicle. Mine is a 89 R 3500. Purchased this truck for lower insurance, inspections, and taxes. Plus its a cool restore project.

racer93 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Hensley Arrow: How does it REALLY work?

There have been several discussions on this hitch that have become somewhat 'controversial'. I am NOT trying to stir this controversy/bashing back up. Instead, I'd like to see a good, intelligent discussion on the specific geometry/physics behind i...

willald by Explorer II
  • 526 replies
  • 0 likes