cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

06 2500 chevy diesel fuel tank

b-dog
Explorer
Explorer
been thing about adding a auxillary fuel tank to my 06 chevy. I like the idea of the titan tanks but at $1500 is more than I want to pay. right now looking at the RDS 45 gal from northern tool that fits in the bed right behind the cab. about 10" deep. does not seem like it would take up too much room. anyone else use these?
3 REPLIES 3

msjdbman
Explorer
Explorer
I've had a 45 gal aux tank for my truck for several years. Love it. It's not permanently mounted, I put in and take out as needed. I refuel at rest stops while daytime traveling and then refill tanks at my convenience.
2008 Duramax/Allison LT2 Crew cab Standard Box. Hellwig Air Assist. BD Diesel VVT Turbo Brake. 2003 Coachmen Chaparral 295 IKS

Tiger02
Explorer
Explorer
I found a used 50 gallon RDS tank on craigslist for around $300, and ended up spending another $100ish for the hoses, wiring, diesel rated 12 volt fuel pump, filter head and the filter. Only use it when towing long distance as it comes out in 5 minutes once emptied.

Gotta watch your payload, but made my cross country trip last year less stressful as I could plan out exactly how much fuel I needed for a particular leg. Nice to be able to go 500+ only stopping where I choose to.
2006 Keystone Outback Sydney 30 FRKS

1997 Ford F350 Auto, 4.10LS Axle, 160,000 Miles, Crew Cab with DRW.

US Army 1984-2016.

mowingman
Explorer
Explorer
I went with a Titan replacement tank on my 2016, F250. I increased my fuel capacity from 25 gal, all the way up to 50 gal with the Titan tank. I did look into an aux. tank for the bed. However, by the time I bought the tank, and a good electric fuel transfer pump, the price of the Titan, was not all that much more. My Titan was $1750, installed. The shop said it was an easy, and tidy installation.