cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 Ton SRW Challenge

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Pickuptrucks.com did a challenge of the one ton SRW's. Just started posting some of the results, Chevy won. One Ton Challenge
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4
72 REPLIES 72

blt2ski
Here I thunk it were summer, you would all be out camping......driving your rigs.....but NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You're all arguing over a blinken test or some such thing......

like the 10 best/worst truck article I saw earlier today.....the worst trucks, all it said was copious repairs.......um........what kind of copious repairs for the twuck model year etc please and thank you! useless piece of garbage that article was! Probably like this test article etc.......

I'll stick with chebbies.......If you do not like then, go buy a Frod or Dogde,,,,,they might be better at some things than my chebbies.....but worst in other items......yep, that is my opinion, smells like the rear hole too!

Back to regularly scheduled debate!

Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
4x4ord wrote:
ib516 wrote:
The performance deficit the RAM suffers from comes from the fact that it has 385hp and the others have 440+. That extra HP wins the races. The Chevy is a bit of a bargain too!

I was just thinking how it's been a while since the HP / torque debate has surfaced on this forum. Dodge should have sent a Hellcat to the competition instead of a gutless Ram.;)

My Son’s friend just bought a Charger SRT HellCat. That was the fastest thing I have ever ridden in. 707hp burning rubber thru 5 gears was insane.

I do think the AISIN would have done better. :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
4x4ord wrote:
ib516 wrote:
The performance deficit the RAM suffers from comes from the fact that it has 385hp and the others have 440+. That extra HP wins the races. The Chevy is a bit of a bargain too!

I was just thinking how it's been a while since the HP / torque debate has surfaced on this forum. Dodge should have sent a Hellcat to the competition instead of a gutless Ram.;)

Please..... Hellcat? That is so 2016. The Demon is the big dawg now.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
ib516 wrote:

2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

ib516
Explorer II
Explorer II
The performance deficit the RAM suffers from comes from the fact that it has 385hp with 3.42s. The higher HP the others make (440+) combined with their slightly shorter gears win races.

The Chevy is a bit of a bargain too!
Prev: 2010 Cougar 322QBS (junk)
02 Dodge 2500 4x4 5.9L CTD 3.55
07 Dodge 3500 4x4 SRW Mega 5.9L CTD 3.73
14 Ram 2500 4x4 Crew 6.4L Hemi 4.10
06 Chevy 1500 4x4 E-Cab 3.73 5.3L
07 Dodge 1500 5.7L Hemi 3.55 / 2010 Jayco 17z
All above are sold, no longer own an RV

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:

hallelujah......Pickuptrucks.com LOL.

Did someone mention Betty White in this thread? What in the hell brand of truck is she driving? And what does she know anyway, she's a washed up hag? There are better Betty's in this world, Crocker and Rubble come to mind.

Taking cheap shots at a 96 year old woman? Real classy! :R

Which is exactly what you need to do..
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mortimer Brewster wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
ScottG wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
More "news", based on personal opinions of a few "experts", for the sole purpose of selling magazines. Little to do with ownership satisfaction of any of the three.

And anyone in the world of statistic will tell you a sample of one is worthless.

hallelujah......Pickuptrucks.com LOL.

Did someone mention Betty White in this thread? What in the hell brand of truck is she driving? And what does she know anyway, she's a washed up hag? There are better Betty's in this world, Crocker and Rubble come to mind.

Taking cheap shots at a 96 year old woman? Real classy! :R

Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
BillandCarole wrote:
AN increasingly important factor that has been ignored here is the new safety technologies like Adaptive Cruise Control, side/rear viewing cameras, and BlISS(blind spot warning systems). All of these will increasingly influence buying decisions and truck safety. Once you have had them, you don't want to be without them. None were factored in here.
My thoughts
Bill

I completely agree with this. Increased safety technology is what will convince me to upgrade from my 2012. I’m not there yet, but at least thinking about it.
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
ShinerBock , Let it go...

Can't we all agree to disagree..???

Let what go?
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

ShinerBock , Let it go...

Can't we all agree to disagree..???
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Lessmore
Explorer II
Explorer II
Every one ton SRW seems pretty good. If I were in the market, which I'm not, but if I was...seat time would be the deciding factor.

I'm at the age, where comfort is pretty well the number one criteria, given all the aches, pains, creaks, etc...I have.

If there's not enough leg room, if my butt is uneasy, if my shoulders are hitting inside pillars...the it's a no go.

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

I tried for a long time to not respond to your posts, now I remember why.

Yet you still do time after time....

I know it must be hard to hear that something you own is not perfect or the best of the best, and the thought of something you own is put in the same class as us common folk must be horrifying.
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
"Maybe I need to get rid of the Ford and get a Ram."

If the 2020's are good looking maybe we can get a two-fer. :B
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
ShinerBock wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
UH I did own a FULLY built DDT trans that my Son has now so I know what I am talking about. But hey you need to tune everything to get it the way yo want. I have Zero reason to do so.

That is not true. I probably would not tune the shifting on an Allison. The factory shift strategy is pretty spot on. Although the 6R140 is a stout trans, I would probably still tune its shift strategy to my liking. What can I say, I liked things tuned to my preferences and not generic to everyone else.

Look, we all know that you like to think that whatever you have is the best thing in the world and it has no flaws. Sorry to tel you this but the Aisin has its flaws just like the Cummins we both drive.

It is kind of ironic the PUTC and TFL both say the same things I have been saying about the Aisin in this forum. No need to bury your head in the sand and pretend it does not have any issues. It is just a slow shifting trans that tends to put you in the wrong gear for the situation at times. It is what it is.

I tried for a long time to not respond to your posts, now I remember why.

BillandCarole
Explorer
Explorer
AN increasingly important factor that has been ignored here is the new safety technologies like Adaptive Cruise Control, side/rear viewing cameras, and BlISS(blind spot warning systems). All of these will increasingly influence buying decisions and truck safety. Once you have had them, you don't want to be without them. None were factored in here.
My thoughts
Bill
2K8 Chevy LTZ Turbo Diesel 4x4
Cats Vino, and "Stubby"
Transfer Flow Tank
2017 Fox Mountain 235RLS
Reese 16K Slider
Honda EU2000's to power the toys
Garmin GPS's/Android Pixel 2XL -WAZE
"And were still wandering..."