cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

19.5s again ... new recommendations?

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I’m one of those who are running 19.5s. Anyone have any new recommendations for their camper haulers that are running 19.5s? I have a DRW, but I don’t think that is the major difference. I think Steer vs Drive is the potential issue.

I’m thinking of maybe continuing to have different tires on front compared to rear. I’d like to stay with M+S on both axles, but the front doesn’t have to be as aggressive.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member
6 REPLIES 6

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
I have the Cooper RM352 19.5's on my Ram as well. A bit noisy as expected with the aggressive tread, I'm OK with it. The only problem is I can't get two of the four balanced. I've tried two different tire shops, and they stack weights on top of each other as they are that far out of balance. Still shake at 37-44 mph and 67 and up mph.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yeah, the Hankooks were fine, but the same model isn’t available any more.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Oregun wrote:
How did the Hankook tires do for you?
I run the Cooper RM253 tires all around on mine. They seem fine to me but
I don't have a lot of miles on them.

Ran the same tire on my SRW worked great in all conditions. My buddy now has that truck and tire set up under his Lance 950. He has had it in mud, dirt, snow, stream crossings, and highway with no complaints. the tires wear really well.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Oregun
Nomad
Nomad
How did the Hankook tires do for you?
I run the Cooper RM253 tires all around on mine. They seem fine to me but
I don't have a lot of miles on them.

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
If the truck has 4x4 the steer axle is a drive axle and should have the same tread pattern as the rear axle. I run M&S type 19.5 tire but it has closed shoulder ribs I think it's less prone to cupping and maybe a little less noisy a highway speeds.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

S_Davis
Explorer
Explorer
I went with Toyo M608 on my 2013 2500HD, they worked well except a little noisy with the open shoulder on the front . I run around 10,500lbs loaded and got almost 65,000 miles and still had tread left, I upgraded my truck to a 2019 otherwise they would still be on the truck. They were real good in the rain and had excellent traction in the snow and ice.