cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1972 Amerigo Camper Rebuild

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
After posting a few comments on another thread, I decided to start this one under a topic more easily recognized. I also have started a blog at: http://www.tcreviver.com. Okay, MKish, here it is. I'll post to it whenever I get a chance. -Carey
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
394 REPLIES 394

bigbad1ton
Explorer
Explorer
What do you guys think about adding modern corner jacks to our campers? I have bought a dually and have come across a dually setup for the front for $200. I know I'd have to figure out the fiberglass thing, but I have most of the interior striped so anchoring them on the inside is not a problem.
1973 Amerigo Slide-in
1974 Ford F-350 Super Camper Special (460)
1974 Ford F-350 Super Camper Special (390)
2001 Chevrolet C-3500 Crew Cab Dually

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Dave thanks for the pic
Answers a lot of questions.

Bob W.

76AMERIGO
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Bob,
I installed the outside shower under my sink area. It was easy to plumb into the water supplies. I added an outside light above the shower. It works great, use it all the time.
Heading to the Mid Atlantic Camper Rally next week. It's all cleaned and ready to go.
Hope this photo helps.
Dave
Dave
2001 F-350 PSD C/C LB 4X4
1976 Amerigo w/ Snap N Nap *SOLD*
1979 CJ-7 304ci/Turbo 400
2014 Cougar Lite 28RDB

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all !
Carey have you installed your new outside shower yet.
If so where did you put it. I started looking at where it would be the easiest to access. I was thinking of putting it inside the storage compartment on the drivers side. This would make for an easy install but it might be hard to reach when on the truck.

thanks

Bob w.

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
OK winter is over
What does everyone have planned for the month of April ?

I have ordered a new truck bed that will arrive in 2 weeks.
My bedrails are rotted beyond belief and I don't want to drop Tc to fall off at the beach.

Look forward to hearing from you all soon

Bob w.

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
I know the feeling, I am so ready to get mine finished also, weathers looking good, started working again so I'll have money to spend. Only catch is I am in the process of buying a new home so its gonna be mid summer before I can get back on it.

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
Okay Guys, it's the middle of March, time to get started again. Mine has been wrapped up for a month and I'm ready to go to work on it. The only problem I have now is my new job is taking all my time. How's everyone else's projects going?
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic

bigbad1ton
Explorer
Explorer
HJGyswyt wrote:
1976 Amerigo Camper For Sale Just in case anyone following this thread want's an Amerigo for themselves.

Damn If only it was closer. I need a second camper.
1973 Amerigo Slide-in

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
1976 Amerigo Camper For Sale Just in case anyone following this thread want's an Amerigo for themselves.
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
We only received about 1" that got torn up pretty quickly by the "kids".

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to see if everyone made it through the snowstorm ok !
Also an excuse to get the Amerigos off of page 13

bigbad1ton
Explorer
Explorer
1971amerigo wrote:
Jeremy I placed the new tank where I wanted it then marked the top of the tank where the toilet sits. I then drilled a 3-1/2" hole and glued in the new threaded flange. The closet flange from the toilet screws through from the top of floor into the tank.Then the toilet goes back in as it came out.
The tank companies have all the parts you will need.

If you have the stock tank setup the new tank will also need a 1-1/2" hole drilled in the top for the vent pipe.

If you need I can get you a complete list of what I used.
Let me know

Bob

Bob
Thanx for the info. You answered the question that I wanted to ask but didn't know it. I will get with the tank company and have them source all the pieces when i order. Adding a tank level system has been in my head for some time now and this would be the perfect time to do it. Adding this to my to do list right after the frame repair in the overhead.
1973 Amerigo Slide-in

1971amerigo
Explorer
Explorer
Jeremy I placed the new tank where I wanted it then marked the top of the tank where the toilet sits. I then drilled a 3-1/2" hole and glued in the new threaded flange. The closet flange from the toilet screws through from the top of floor into the tank.Then the toilet goes back in as it came out.
The tank companies have all the parts you will need.

If you have the stock tank setup the new tank will also need a 1-1/2" hole drilled in the top for the vent pipe.

If you need I can get you a complete list of what I used.
Let me know

Bob

Sweet_Tater
Explorer
Explorer
bigbad1ton wrote:

Has anyone installed a new rubber seal around the big overhead window? Mine leaks pretty bad and is cracking.

Thanx
Jeremy

I've thought about it, but actually it scares me to death. Can you even get a replacement for it?. Im thinking clear silicon caulk untill it gets bad enough.

bigbad1ton
Explorer
Explorer
Great read guys. I will start posting as soon as I get back at it. Learned alot tonight about the butt sag issue. I fixed mine when I replaced my floor with a steel frame, but I still have some squareness issues to straighten out.

A couple of questions to get me started again.

Bob when you installed the new black tank how did you hook the toilet back into it?

Has anyone installed a new rubber seal around the big overhead window? Mine leaks pretty bad and is cracking.

Light pressure washer on the fiberglass will clean it right up.

Thanx
Jeremy
1973 Amerigo Slide-in