cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1972 Amerigo Camper Rebuild

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
After posting a few comments on another thread, I decided to start this one under a topic more easily recognized. I also have started a blog at: http://www.tcreviver.com. Okay, MKish, here it is. I'll post to it whenever I get a chance. -Carey
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
394 REPLIES 394

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Well the weekend is here... Got my bathroom done.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Scary... We have the old girl on a homemade flat bed (on the ground) so to speak, for construction purposes. We slowly remove (push) the wooden bed towards the back as the truck slowly backs under, just in case. I just wish the sway didn't terrify me so much. My husband keeps asking me what I think might happen. I guess I imagine it crashing to the ground on its side. Probably over imagination at my finest.

Amerigo_1
Explorer
Explorer
I place 8x8 blocks under the jack feet so I don't have to raise the jacks to full extension. My truck sits so high that when I bought the camper I had to raise it to max then deflate my tires to get under it. Definitely sways when extended. Especially if you get some wind. I also welded seven inch bolt on extensions for two of the jack points so I wouldn't have to run over the feet when backing under. Thats a sketchy sway situaion too. One of these days I will get photo bucket and post some pics. Keep posting!

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
The weather is finally turning to the positive. Anyone else have any plans to continue the thier re-mod work? I put mine back on the truck yesterday to test the new steel plated reinforcements for the jacks. Still scares the******out of me when I jack it up.... darn things sways in the wind. Is this just the nature of these things or what???

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Thanks Carey! Your rig lives on...

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

She's going back together fairly easy... windows in... snap n nap almost functional (need to attach the upper portion of the vinyl) new "old" front panoramic window installed (that wasn't easy) Even got the signs on.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

sides back on

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
back going back on

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
There is also one in Cleveland Tennessee (Chatanooga craigslist) It looks pretty nice, but then again, most of them do til you start taking them apart.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
76AMERIGO wrote:
Looking great!! Keep up the good work. It's the little details that bring it all together, but what a pain in the butt getting there!
I'm getting mine ready for the Mid Atlantic Rally.....always something to work on with them.
Can't wait to see yours finished up!
Dave

Lucky! I really wanted to go to that TC Rally, but we are wayyyyy behind on the build. I underestimated how long this would take indeed. Oh well, Maybe next year.

garryk6
Explorer
Explorer
Here is another for sale. This one is in Wasilla Alaska.
Amerigo

Garry in Kodiak.
Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

76AMERIGO
Explorer
Explorer
Looking great!! Keep up the good work. It's the little details that bring it all together, but what a pain in the butt getting there!
I'm getting mine ready for the Mid Atlantic Rally.....always something to work on with them.
Can't wait to see yours finished up!
Dave
Dave
2001 F-350 PSD C/C LB 4X4
1976 Amerigo w/ Snap N Nap *SOLD*
1979 CJ-7 304ci/Turbo 400
2014 Cougar Lite 28RDB

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Got all the old cabinet framing done... and got my new cabinet doors stained and poly'd. All 17 doors, custom made, maple, unfinished and delivered only came to about $500.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

underneath side walls back on. Even got the trim done.