cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

1972 Amerigo Camper Rebuild

2cknights
Explorer
Explorer
After posting a few comments on another thread, I decided to start this one under a topic more easily recognized. I also have started a blog at: http://www.tcreviver.com. Okay, MKish, here it is. I'll post to it whenever I get a chance. -Carey
'03 Ford F-350 7.3 LB SRW. Ride Rites.
Old rig '99 Lance 1130
New rig 2017 Jayflight 31QBDS
2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
394 REPLIES 394

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Hmmm. I don't actually have any plans. We actually just re-built much of the framing piece by piece without taking apart the entire structure. I could get you some finished measurements and even some pictures of the back end, but nothing specific on the interior structure. I can say that the backend is built right into the end of the 16 foot long main 2-6 beams on each side of the camper. We re-enforced the attachments as to try to minimize the back end "sag". That back door is HEAVY.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wagonqueen Truckster, do you have a set of plans and measurements by any chance for the snap-n-nap and how the rear wall and side walls are framed for it's load?

I'm considering including a scratch built one in my concepts for my camper rebuild, and any details from how Amerigo did it would be great :).
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

mikakuja
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!!!! lookin really nice... great job.

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wagonqueen Truckster wrote:

For posterity... almost done with the kitchen.

Wholly cats.....

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

For posterity... almost done with the kitchen.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanna see this thread stay alive for future Amerigo re-builders. Those who all contributed from the beginning should be recognized as beneficial to the history of these amazing TC's. I humbly thank you all!

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
76AMERIGO wrote:
Hey Wagonqueen,
I still check in to see how your progress is going! Happy to hear you're finished...that is a gratifying feeling. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I wish you and your family many fun times using it. You'll make many memories......we did!

Dave

Oh I plan on enjoying her Dave...Thanks!!! As I am sure you know, building one of these is a better feeling than buying a new one...even though we went through 9 months of H*ll. It is just so neat seeing the transformation. Granted mine isn't a restoration, as I basically kept barely anything on the interior, but it is cool knowing that she still is a 76 Amerigo with a functioning snap n nap. Will post pics soon.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry Joechiohki... I have a 76 Apache Ramada pop up (hardside) hubby brought home yesterday up for the next renovation...LOL

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok folks... Or anyone still here...
My Amerigo build is now complete. The entire thing is done, done, done. It was a longgggggg 9 months, but the outcome is just fantastic. I plan on posting a series of pics (before &after) in the next few days, just so I can finish or complete this process and know that if anyone in the future decides to bring back to life, another Amerigo, they can see mine beginning to end.

Cool, now come on out here and do the rebuild on my poor old KIT ๐Ÿ˜›

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
My Amerigo build is now complete. The entire thing is done, done, done. It was a longgggggg 9 months, but the outcome is just fantastic. I plan on posting a series of pics (before &after) in the next few days, just so I can finish or complete this process and know that if anyone in the future decides to bring back to life, another Amerigo, they can see mine beginning to end.

I love the vintage TCs and yours will be a great example of one that has received a lot of TLC.

76AMERIGO
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Wagonqueen,
I still check in to see how your progress is going! Happy to hear you're finished...that is a gratifying feeling. Looking forward to seeing the pictures. I wish you and your family many fun times using it. You'll make many memories......we did!

Dave
Dave
2001 F-350 PSD C/C LB 4X4
1976 Amerigo w/ Snap N Nap *SOLD*
1979 CJ-7 304ci/Turbo 400
2014 Cougar Lite 28RDB

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

What the heck... The Mayan Calendar for my wonderful husband.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

"Smart" flat screen TV. This will eventually sync in with the bluetooth on the Panasonic Stereo system.

Wagonqueen_Truc
Explorer
Explorer

OK FOLKS... anyone who might still be looking. Here is the cab over almost done (minus the ceiling trim) The wrap around curtain was a
*itch but it looks good.