cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1997 Dodge 3500 Manual Trans 2WD

Ezlife55
Explorer
Explorer
I just bought this old dually-it looks great, new paint, new trans and clutch and less than 120K miles.
I had a 91 and 95 12 valve and they were great engines....I acknowledge I'm a DMax owner and have gone back to the dark side, just because I like the truck, grocery getter, maybe back up for the 5th wheel.
It came with two dash warning lites on-------abs and parking brake.....my internet research says its likely an abs sensor---the one mounted on top of the diff.........wondering if anyone else had these warning lights and what the solution is?

Also this is my first dually-----air pressure in rears? Door tag says 60---is this good for loaded and unloaded? I'm used to runnin the max, 80 psi, in a single wheel.

Thanks for your help
3 REPLIES 3

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
On my 93 those two lights came on when I had a short in the brake light line (caused by TT). The turn signal is on one of those circuits and the brake light is on the other one - even though they are the same bulb. So a short causes both fuses to blow.

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
22000 milea some towing and some non towing. Tires are always at 80 PSI. The cheap factory tires are about worn out, but the tread patters is even across the face. So IMHO a lot of that low pressure stuff is all about ride comfort only. And has little to do with tire wear. Especially with a vehicle that already weighs near 8000 pounds.

VintageRacer
Explorer
Explorer
If you run too high a pressure the truck will handle badly, I would run around 50 in the rears unless I had a big load on. Lower pressures improve grip, handling, wear when unloaded. As far as the warning lights go, if changing the sensors doesn't fix it I would put tape over the light and ignore them. I would service the parking brake to make sure it works properly.

Brian
2005 F250 Supercab, Powerstroke, 5 speed automatic, 3.73 gears.
20 ft race car hauler, Lola T440 Formula Ford, NTM MK4 Sports Racer
1980 MCI MC-5C highway coach conversion
2004 Travelhawk 8' Truck Camper