cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2007 GMC 3500 Dually

GA1dad
Explorer
Explorer
So after my 2002 2500HD 6.0 gasser was stolen a few weeks back, my uncle stepped up and offered to loan me his dually until I can find another truck. Then he says, "if you like it, you can buy it for $7000".

The truck seems to run great,, very quiet. It has 191K on it, new batteries, new brakes and the tires have about 20k on them. It has a cracked windshield and is missing the tailgate. It is set up for 5th wheel. Of course it's the Duramax 6.6 w/ automatic tranny ( Allison? ),, and it has the +/- on the shifter, but I haven't looked into how that works yet. It also has a couple of other small issues like the electric door locks don't work, nor does the cruise control.

Now I've never owned a diesel, or a dually. But my gut is telling that at $7000, I should buy it? What do you guys think?
20 REPLIES 20

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
SoCalDesertRider wrote:
A 2007 dually diesel for $7000... Do you really have to think about it? Jump on it!! Your uncle is a nice guy!

X2
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.

SoCalDesertRid1
Explorer
Explorer
A 2007 dually diesel for $7000... Do you really have to think about it? Jump on it!! Your uncle is a nice guy!
01 International 4800 4x4 CrewCab DT466E Allison MD3060
69Bronco 86Samurai 85ATC250R 89CR500
98Ranger 96Tacoma
20' BigTex flatbed
8' truck camper, 14' Aristocrat TT
73 Kona 17' ski boat & Mercury 1150TB
92F350 CrewCab 4x4 351/C6 285 BFG AT 4.56 & LockRite rear

GA1dad
Explorer
Explorer
Well I looked,,, and the 8th character is indeed a D. I learned something today,, thanks all!!

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
GA1dad wrote:
Now I've never owned a diesel, or a dually. But my gut is telling that at $7000, I should buy it? What do you guys think?

My gut would be telling me the same thing.
Look at what 7K buys in the used car market?
You're getting a major tow vehicle. And, you know it's history.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
Yup, if it's an LBZ it's a great truck for the price. Just as downtheroad said 8th vin number is D also the Allison/duramax badge will be blue Allison lettering and black duramax. I bought my 07 LBZ with a lil over 80k miles 4x4 leather etc for 28k
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Check to see if the engine is an LBZ generation Duramax. If so, they are really desirable and sought after....(no new generation EPA emissions junk but lots of power and torque)....

Check the VIN. If the 8th character is a "D", it's an LBZ...which is really good.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro