cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2010 Duramax electric brake voltage??

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pull with a 2016 Ram and thanks to this form last fall I learned that my truck had a โ€œlight/heavyโ€ towing setting for the electric brake circuit. Increasing the voltage for heavy.
I also had not known that at slower speeds the voltage is reduced.

Question. Friends are heading out tomorrow from Saskatchewan heading for Southern California.
They are driving a 2010 Duramax pulling a fifth wheel. Would his truck have a similar setting other than the normal โ€œgainโ€ adjustment?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thereโ€™s 2 Canadians who havenโ€™t read their owners manualsโ€ฆ.lol.

Always think when I see someone rolling down the road here with their big 5ver like theyโ€™re the rubber ducky leading the convoy, are they one of those folks who donโ€™t even know where the tow haul button is, much less have any redeeming qualifications that make them at least relatively safe to drive a miniature semi truck?

Cracker Jack box and a big wallet or line of credit is all thatโ€™s needed.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
OP why are you asking about the trailer brakes on that rig? IE if they donโ€™t work well at a reasonable gain, they need to be fixed.

That was my thought too, plus, it's someone else's truck, so don't be concerned with it.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
But you can get a plug n play module to activate an exhaust (turbo) brake on LBZ and LMM.
$700 and virtually no labor. They work decent.

OP why are you asking about the trailer brakes on that rig? IE if they donโ€™t work well at a reasonable gain, they need to be fixed.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ivbinconned wrote:
Question. Friends are heading out tomorrow from Saskatchewan heading for Southern California.
They are driving a 2010 Duramax pulling a fifth wheel. Would his truck have a similar setting other than the normal โ€œgainโ€ adjustment?

Nope. I have a 2009, which is identical to the 2010.
There's a plus and minus sign to tweak the gain setting, that's all.

Any HD Silverado/Sierra 2007.5 and newer could have the ITBC, not just the Duramax equipped trucks.... so really, it's "Silverado/Sierra" (maybe even a 1500 truck / Suburban / Tahoe option too) not just a "Duramax" thing.

Also, 2007.5 - 2010 is the LMM Duramax, which don't have an exhaust (turbo) brake
2011 + (LML, L5P) have an exhaust brake.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator