cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2017 / 2018 F350 Torklift / Fuel Door Question

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone have a 2017 or 2018 F-350 with Torklift tiedowns?

Can you open the fuel door without removing the tiedown turnbuckle?

Thanks for any help,
BradW
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
11 REPLIES 11

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Actualy I'm not using the tiedowns extended if that's what you mean, they are pushed in to the farthest hole

I never said the door cleared, i said i was able to refuel without removing the turnbuckle
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I see you are not really clearing the door, but you use tie-downs on full extension.
That gives you gap for the fuel door, but bad part - you are loosing ties strength and integrity.
My 6000 lb camper already bend rear tie-down even it was on short extension, so that is too much risk for me for 7 seconds I add to fueling.

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Here are a couple pics of mine, first one is from the side, second with the door open. It does hit the tiedown but still los of room to re-fuel. I took a measurement and it seems that the camper tiedown is 10" back from the back of the top rail of the truck bed. YMMV

Sorry the truck is so dirty.

2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's going to be a change for me; in 22 years of having Happijac tiedowns, I never once had to remove one to put fuel in the truck. I was hoping for a different answer, but thanks anyway.

Brad
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
So how about the picture of the setup where you can open fuel door?
My original set up not only puts fastguns in the way of fuel door, but also is not giving me enough angle to keep heavy camper from "walking" back on the bed.
I was considering moving anchor points, but it is in conflict not only with fuel door, but also with SuperCab rear door as well.
Not saying that rebuilding anchor points is going to be easy,

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
2012 did not have AddBlue with bigger fuel door?

2012 also needed DEF so it also had the larger door, not sure if the 17 is any larger. I can't open it all the way but it's enough to refuel.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Rustofer
Explorer
Explorer
I too think it depends on the camper. My '17 long-bed F350 fuel door opens with plenty of room. Torklift tie-downs and Northern Lite 9-6.

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012 did not have AddBlue with bigger fuel door?
There might be a difference how far are camper anchors placed.
I was thinking about flipping the tie-downs inserts, so the plate would face front, but that still would not give me clearance for fuel door opening.

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
8' bed, yes I can open the fuel door without removing. I could on my last truck (2012 F350 short bed) as well. maybe it's just my camper.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

stevenal
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes and no.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Nope. Takes about 7 second to remove fastgun.