Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2019 Ram Reveal

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
2019 Ram

Take a look at the dual 8.4" screens, kind of reminds me of the Teslas info center.

I think it's a nice looking truck, kind of Durango-ish looking from the front.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado
31 REPLIES 31

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here's some pretty good information on the mild hybrid. It going to a standard feature on the V6 and an option on the Hemi.

Link
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Don,
So the E Torque generator/motor is assisting the engine via the serpentine belt?

Yes. Where most will notice it is during stop starting. No more shaking restarts. It is very smooth and seamless restarting.

Interesting.... I suppose this is going to be a standard feature?

Not sure about a standard feature. I think most will not even realize it is there. For me the real benefit is fixing the biggest complaint of the stop/start function which is the abrupt and sometimes harsh restarts. These do not feel like a gas golf cart restarting like many other vehicles. It is very smooth and with the radio on I wouldn't be surprised is some didn't even realize the vehicle shut off at a light.

I'm not a fan of the stop/start feature in which another make is a simple mod on the back of the connector to bypass (which I certainly would do), but I guess with this type of system you won't be able to bypass easily unless you modify the code. Also it seams there's a lot of load being applied to the serpentine belt, but I guess it works. I'll be interesting to see it implemented never the less.

I do like the idea of 48VDC available.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
It appears to be a standard feature on the 3.6L Pentastar and the 5.7L Hemi.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

womps
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Don,
So the E Torque generator/motor is assisting the engine via the serpentine belt?

Yes. Where most will notice it is during stop starting. No more shaking restarts. It is very smooth and seamless restarting.

Not sure about a standard feature. I think most will not even realize it is there. For me the real benefit is fixing the biggest complaint of the stop/start function which is the abrupt and sometimes harsh restarts. These do not feel like a gas golf cart restarting like many other vehicles. It is very smooth and with the radio on I wouldn't be surprised is some didn't even realize the vehicle shut off at a light.

According to the write up it will be standard on the V6 and optional on the Hemi.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Don,

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
mich800 wrote:
FishOnOne wrote:
Don,

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^^what Mich said^^^^^
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
FishOnOne wrote:
Don,

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don,

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Here are the facts on the 2019 Ram 1500.

As for the EcoD Ram said last year it will be a some time after the first of the year. Still locked up by EPA. There is no 6.4 option even though FCA seems to have a fixation on building fast vehicles with big engines that make sh!ty mileage. Would think that the 6.4 in a Ram 1500 would be a no brainier for our* CEO.

The Ram powertrain is now based on a 48-volt system, and provides faster stop-start as well as regenerative braking. In addition to better economy, the system provides some extra torque when it’s needed most — during a launch and when the transmission is shifting.

A new, patent-pending front splayed frame rail creates an efficient energy-absorbing structure for all types of crashes, including front-offset; frame-mounted high-steel tire blockers behind the front tires force wheels outward in an impact.
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
48v battery in the back of the cab for the hybrid system. Sounds like that system is primarily added for fuel efficiency vs performance. They didn't talk about the drive train at all really. They did mention towing increase to almost 13000 lbs, which is crazy, but in line with Ford and GM. Payload up to 2400 lbs which is awesome. They lowered the truck more. It was already one of the lowest models out there. It also has a taller bed now. More capacity.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

GWolfe
Explorer
Explorer
Did you notice the battery for this thing? Looks a little more expensive than the run of the mill battery, wonder how long they last?

The days of the shade tree mechanic are fading, and not just with Ram.
2005 Sun-Lite Eagle
2011 Silverado

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
They didn't say anything about other engines did they? What about the Eco Diesel and a 6.4L option.

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
They might do well to take a step back, give a few 8 year olds some crayons and see what they can come up with. I'm hoping my initial impression of this thing will change dramatically when I see it in person.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Computers design cars and trucks now...The parameters are uploaded...and the software spits out the design Thus, they are all starting to look very similar - clone like.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro