cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

56 chevy and a 86 komfort tt

Trout_Guide
Explorer
Explorer
Here is our 1956 chevy with the new 1986 23' komfort trailer. Have not done any big trips with the wagon, just wanted to take it around the mountain to see how she handled.
14 REPLIES 14

Andymon
Explorer
Explorer
Man, that car brings back some memories. I had a cobalt blue 56 with the 265 and Powerglide. It was a great car!!
2008 Springdale 266RLS
1999 F250 7.3
Medford, Oregon

Trout_Guide
Explorer
Explorer
That is pretty cool 2012Coleman, thanks for sharing. My goal is to work on the trailer this winter and might be doing a complete overhaul depending on $. just another fun project to add to my list.

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trout Guide wrote:
Here is our 1956 chevy with the new 1986 23' komfort trailer. Have not done any big trips with the wagon, just wanted to take it around the mountain to see how she handled.
I have software that turns pictures into watercolor paintings - thought this would be a good subject:

Click For Full-Size Image.

PM me with the full size image and I'll do it again to make it fit for printing.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Trout_Guide
Explorer
Explorer
It has the 265 and changed to the 700r4 trans, the powerglide needed an overdrive. Need to do some adjustments and hoping to do a trip or 2 next year with it.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
JJBIRISH wrote:
MFL wrote:
The 283 was available in 56.

Jerry

If my fading memory serves me correctly the 283 only came in the 57 model year up, however the 57 model year was available for sale in the year of 56… but I think all 56 model year vehicles came with the 265… but I make no guarantee for my beliefs…

Correct. The 283 was introduced for the '57 model year. The 265 was available for '57 but dropped for '58.
Chuck D.
“Adventure is just bad planning.” - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:

Jerry

If my fading memory serves me correctly the 283 only came in the 57 model year up, however the 57 model year was available for sale in the year of 56… but I think all 56 model year vehicles came with the 265… but I make no guarantee for my beliefs…
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
Cool setup! A buddy of mine has a '56 Chevy 2 door sedan with a nice 454 in it. He has talked about mounting a hitch on it to pull his TT. The big block and TH400 and 4.10 gears in his should do fine!
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II

Jerry

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Drbolasky wrote:
283 with a PowerGlide?

Didn't the 1956 still use the 265 engine?

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
283 with a PowerGlide?

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Nice rig. 🙂

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, I see the axles on the Komfort are set fairly well back, I bet that means a lot of tongue weight. if you adjusted the hitch up you should have a good situation with the trailer's weight distribution. Will the Chevy take a weight distributing hitch? That would be the ideal tow.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Trout_Guide
Explorer
Explorer
I need to adjust the hitch as was set to low for going in the suburban. If I did that the trailer would ride more level. but was still fun and did pretty well.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
The 210 looks like she's pulling good!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton