cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'92 Wilderness tongue weight

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
I have a '92 Wilderness 32 foot T.T. at my camp. I've sold my truck and now have no way to move it around. I do have a Ford 800 farm tractor that I'd like to use to move the trailer so I can clean and level the site where it sits. My question is "does anyone know the approx. tongue weight of this trailer?" My tractor weighs about 3500 lbs and will easily handle the overall weight of the trailer as long as the tongue weight isn't too much. Don't want to stand the tractor up on 2 wheels! Thanks and happy camping!
Duane
4 REPLIES 4

Duane4238
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies, advice, and encouragement. I'm going to go ahead and give it a try and take it a little at a time until I know it will handle things.
Duane

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I moved my 34 ft TT many times with my old Ford Tractor. No problem
samsontdog:o:W

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
We've moved lots of things around on the property with our old Farmall A, including a 32 foot 1952 park model that weighs who-knows-how-much. That puppy wanted to lift the front of the tractor, so we loaded some weights in/on the rear of the trailer to lighten up the front.

Since we're talking about "speeds" of 10mph or so, we weren't too worried about sway!
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
You can kind of guesstimate it. Look for the weight placard on the TT. Estimate about 10% of GVWR of the TT for the tongue weight if it's fully loaded. If not fully loaded, you can estimate a little lower.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)