cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ahhhh much better....

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
I've been meaning to get around to this for a while now. I recarpeted the house a while back with some upper-grade carpet and 10pound pad. I had one remnant that was big enough to do the camper with. I've just waiting for a day that, well, quite frankly, I had nothing better to do.

Now, it's not perfect, I'm into electrical, not carpet. I'll finish it tonight after work, this was yesterdays rough-in. Only real problem was I couldn't use pad - the carpet alone is already so thick it rubbing on the slides going in and out. It would appear they attached all the slide out trim from behind, I couldn't see how to get it off easily to clearance it better.

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo
20 REPLIES 20

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
AWESOME!

I laid down some indoor/outdoor carpeting in my Desert Fox. I liked the warmth on my feet in the morning instead of cold linoleum.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Looks great, Boaty! Wanna do mine? 🙂
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
Love the look and you will love the feel.

I find that the carpet is a easy, or easier, to look after as the lino. You may have to take shoes off at the door (I keep a pair of slippers by the door) but that is the only change that I have made. I vacuum when I get back from short trips and that is all. As for the feel on the feet it cannot be beat!
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall, That is just beautiful!!! Kudos! 🙂

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Gary3
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good I would like that myself but woman won't go for carpet because of J Russel dog.
Gary  Lance  1191 solar Gen.

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
With the color coordination, it looks like you purchased the carpet for the TC and used the leftover in the house. Nice looking job. I have had carpet in my previous TCs but so far have held off on adding to the current TC.

Mike_NW
Explorer
Explorer
Really makes it look like a comfortable home. It makes you wonder why a manufacturer doesn't use a high end carpet to set themselves apart.

Nice work!

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Cuffs054 wrote:
Boaty, I usually wack a knee on mine. I swear its always in the way and still only let's two people eat comfortably. I'm thinking your design has merit. Serve adult bevs and screw dinner!

I see where you're going. I like the idea of propping my feet up without having too large an obstacle to do it with. I have a small, vinyl covered stool seat that would work nice, I think. The small table pole inserts are probably just the right height. Just have to mount an opening onto the bottom of stool. Hmm...

BTW boaty, nice work on the carpet. Your camper looks comfy cozy now.
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
All done. Finished the fine cutting and trim tonight.

'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

lovemytt
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice. Love the color match!
2006 Dodge Ram Mega Cab Hemi Engine
2012 R-Vision Crossover 200

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
looks nice but I would have to have it steam cleaned after every weekend. I run in and out of the camper all the time at horse shows or camping and fishing , then add my 3 Australian shepherds and their fur.... Linoleum and washable batch mats for me.
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't notice the carpet... I was too busy staring at that big, beautiful camper. Looks like you could hold a barn dance in there.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Cuffs054
Explorer
Explorer
Boaty, I usually wack a knee on mine. I swear its always in the way and still only let's two people eat comfortably. I'm thinking your design has merit. Serve adult bevs and screw dinner!

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good