cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

air compressor for TT tires

bedell
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking of buying an air compressor to inflate bike and vehicle tires and to avoid towing the TT down to the gas station to properly inflate its tires. What size and type of compressor would fit the bill?
16 REPLIES 16

nolra
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 12v that will run up to 100lbs and rewired the battery clips to plug into my 7 pin connector. I have used it plenty and it takes up very litle space. Added a quick connect and a coiled hose long enough to reach anything on the trailer or tow vehicle.
03 Dodge 2500 Cummins SB Quad
Casita 17" with D rated LT's
2004 AWD Astro van (solo camper) Lifted, locked, "E" AT/KOs.

Photo gallery

gon2dadawgs
Explorer
Explorer
Harbor Freight has a "high volume" 12 volt compressor that does make quick work keeping tires on the TT and TV pumped up...its on board at all times.

Michael
Home is where you unhitch

usmc616
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 110v pancake compressor before our trip 1200 mile trip to Diney. I prefer a 110v over a 12v. I know I will not be able to run the 110v compressor unless I have the TT plugged into shore power, but I bought it to ensure my tire pressure was proper before I hit the road after each overnight stop.
SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 5 dogs
2017 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, 3500HD, LT, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.:B

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
I bought the 110v model as I use it around the house if I don't feel like dragging out 100' of hose off of my big boy. Normally we have 110 at camp and I have a genny with me anyway.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

04fxsts
Explorer
Explorer
I bought two from Harbor Freight, the $40. pancake and a 12V. The pancake stays at home and IIRC only goes to 100psi but that is plenty for my tires. The 12V goes with and is a fast fill or whatever they call it, dont remember the max psi but it is plenty for my truck and TT. Jim.

Technologiq
Explorer
Explorer
thomasmnile wrote:
Bought a 12v 150 PSI Viair. Cannot be purchased for $40 at Harbor Freight but is an excellent compressor and pretty quick considering there is no air tank involved.

I just picked up one of these too, works great!
Jeremy
2013 Dutchmen Aspen Trail 2810BHS
2002 Ford Excursion 4x4 V10 XLT / Firestone Airbags

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a 12v 150 PSI Viair. Cannot be purchased for $40 at Harbor Freight but is an excellent compressor and pretty quick considering there is no air tank involved.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
rwynkoop wrote:
I bought a $39.99 pancake compressor from Harbor Freight. I'm able to use it with an inverter off the trucks battery.

X3

Up to 110 lbs pressure. Had it three years. Take it camping with us for checking TT tires, bike tires, inflating beach rafts, etc. Very handy, doesn't take up much space. Been a great purchase..
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
Pep Boys has one that is sometimes on sale for 20.00, regularly about 40.00.
I can't recall the brand at the moment, but it is 12 volt,fast, quiet and has a long coiled hose that has a regular shop style air hose quick connect. What is nice about this is that it allows the use of any size standard air hose to be connected to it. Since I have a longbed crewcab TV, a extra long air hose is nice. So I went to Harbor Freight and got their longest self coiling hose and fittings for less than 10.00. I can now reach
any tire position easily. And I can hook up other things such as a air nozzle etc.

It is a really nice unit,,,,and best of all,

MADE IN AMERICA!!!
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

Racine96
Explorer
Explorer
Pancake compressor will suffice

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
rwynkoop wrote:
I bought a $39.99 pancake compressor from Harbor Freight. I'm able to use it with an inverter off the trucks battery.

Yep 35 to 40 bucks, does my tires on truck, trailer, bikes and runs my finish nail gun and brad nail gun just fine
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Another recent post...Pancake compressor
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

rwynkoop
Explorer
Explorer
2003 Chevy 1500 HD Crew 4x4, 6.0L gas.
2007 Jayco 29BHS TT.

azwildcat
Explorer
Explorer
I have a small basic 12volt unit that plugs into the plug in the the TV. 50psi fot the TT and 40psi for the TV. Nothing fancy--got it at walmart. Works for me.