cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

All GM trucks combined sell more than Ford.

MARK_VANDERBENT
Explorer
Explorer
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.
110 REPLIES 110

More_To_See
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:
GM has also beat Ford hands down in number of bankruptcy proceedings.

This is adding all GM divisions to make it fair. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If Ford has not gone begging to Wall Street in 2006 for a 24 billion dollar loan effectively turning over everything the company owned to them they too would have been in Washington begging for government money a couple years later when the down turn hit.
95 Winnebago Vectra 34 (P30/454)

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
As a young girl, my DW worked at BK. I quit eating their burgers after she told me how they cook the meat ahead of time and then let it sit until a burger was needed. Then they would microwave it.
Yuck!

As a kid, I worked at McDonalds and Wendy's. McD's meat would come in frozen solid in 40 lb box's once a week. Wendys would get their meat fresh, never frozen, every day. It was the same for the produce; Wendy's would receive and chop, cut, etc the fresh vegetables every day (hated chopping tons of unions every day). Mc'D's used processed junk that came in bags once a week.
Nobody could ever tell me why Wendy's pressed the patties into squares though!

What were we talking about?

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer II
Explorer II
McDonald's has the best fries - and by my count more people pick them up in their Chevy trucks.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS

patriotgrunt
Explorer
Explorer
Five guys is too expensive for me but What-A-Burger is clearly the winner for affordability, taste, and quality. Good call Mike!
2015 Ford F-250, 6.7 PSD
2016 Ford Expedition, 3.5 Eco-Boost
2003 Ford F-150, 4.2 V6
Sandpiper 357 TRIP

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
In and Out Burger, and What-A-Burger are good choices too.

Although, if you ask any McDonalds fan, they outsell all other fast food chain burger joints combined.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
double posted
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm a Five guys fan and Cheeseburger Bobbys next! Our Wendys is a little salty for me.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

Fast_Mopar
Explorer
Explorer
Chick-Fil-A is the best.

Wait, what was the question again??
2013 Dodge Grand Caravan
2009 Chevy Cobalt XFE
2004 Ford Freestar 4.2 liter
2003 Jayco Qwest 12A
ex: 1969 Dodge Super Bee, 1973 Plymouth Road Runner, 1987 Dodge Shelby CSX
preserve the Second Amendment

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Walaby wrote:
Of the big three, Im a Wendy's fan personally. Having said that, from a 'luxury' perspective, I really like 5Guys.

Mike

I like where this thread is going! I would have to agree, Wendy's has the best "fast food burger" in a nationwide chain, but 5 Guys Burgers are pretty darn tasty.

There is a southern chain that we have stopped at in the Carolina's that is darn good too. I forget what it is called, but they have char broiled hamburgers (not microwave like Burger King...) and they are delicious. Good price and quality toppings too.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
gbopp wrote:
patriotgrunt wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
Burger King sells a lot of burgers too.

And they're a little higher quality!

Both my grandsons tell me Burger King is much better than Mickey D 's.

So, two expert opinions make it official. BK is best. ๐Ÿ™‚

Of the big three, Im a Wendy's fan personally. Having said that, from a 'luxury' perspective, I really like 5Guys.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

FireRob
Explorer
Explorer
I have done my part to boost the Dodge and Ram numbers over the last 18 or so years (owned a '99, '01, '05, '14, and now a '16) guess my vote(s) didn't count and I backed a looser ๐Ÿ˜ž

Congrats to Ford and GM. I'll send you a cookie in the mail
2016 Ram 3500 Cummins 4x4 CC Longhorn LB DRW 4.10's Aisin Trans Auto Lvl Suspension Dual 220 Alternators

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn (traded in)

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB

All58Parks
Explorer
Explorer
Calling a Colorado a truck is like calling health care affordable. Ha!
2014 Wildcat Maxx 26bhs
2014 Ford F-150 Lariat Supercrew

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:
MARK VANDERBENT wrote:
To GM this is what matters. Not bragging about f150s being number 1 for 40 some years. Colorado and Canyon when added to Silverado and sierra outsell ford each month. Oh, and when GMs new 4500 and up trucks come out in the next year, those numbers can be added to the rest of their trucks. Trust me when Ford brings back the ranger, it will cut into F150 sales. Add up all ford truck. Add up all GM trucks. Now that's How it should be. Funny how GM sells more cars and trucks in America than Ford and Toyota. Its all in perspective.

Sad when you have to start adding EVERYTHING GM makes just to beat out ONE style truck from ford

Exactly what I was just thinking. And if Ford brings back a great design on the Ranger it will certainly cut into Colorado and Canyon sales, not just the F-150.
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
patriotgrunt wrote:
Tyler0215 wrote:
Burger King sells a lot of burgers too.

And they're a little higher quality!

Both my grandsons tell me Burger King is much better than Mickey D 's.

So, two expert opinions make it official. BK is best. ๐Ÿ™‚

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Who cares?
๐Ÿ˜‰

It's great that we have choices and competition among manufacturers to keep them on their toes. ๐Ÿ™‚