cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any advice on how to repair small water damage to TT floor?

Bear25314
Explorer
Explorer
He Everybody. I'm trying to help a friend out here. His TT has a 1ft/2ft area at the entrance that has water damage to the floor. It was a one time thing, water leaked in during storage at the front door but the door has been fixed. Now its time to fix the floor. Here is a couple of pictures of the floor opened up. Any suggestions on what to use to frame out where he will replace the wood subfloor? Can he just use wood between the steel floor frame or do they sell steel framing that we can cut to size? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Y'all and happy camping!

http://imgur.com/b5FuZxo

http://imgur.com/4JMWHjh
4 REPLIES 4

Mark_and_Linda
Explorer
Explorer
I repaired one almost like this but I had wood joists. I ripped some 2 x 4's down to the size I wanted and then built a box to attach to the other joists. I made the area stronger, put down new wood, coated it real good with linseed oil, and then put my flooring back down.
Mark

Boband4
Explorer
Explorer
Identical to what happened to me, those could have been my pictures!. I cut pressure treated lumber and screwed it to the frame. (Good excuse to go buy a new impact driver!) Then put in a center support of PT lumber as well as end supports and cut ACX plywood to replace the flooring. Put the A side up so we wouldnt feel any knots through the sheet vinyl flooring. Then used 1/4 round moulding to secure the flooring back down.

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
You probably want to pull up that flooring and see how far that piece of wood(?) goes. I would also replace that pressboard with real plywood....If it leaks again in the future, plywood stands up much better

MitchF150
Explorer III
Explorer III
All you can do is tear out to the next "joist" and 'box' it in as best you can..

Gotta be able to get all the "cancer" out and still be able to keep the support all around.

You might be able to add your own additional support with additional cross "joists" to help keep the hole from getting too large...

Good luck!

Mitch
2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.