cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any Bumper Pulls with Rear Living and Bunkhouse?

dicksenn
Explorer
Explorer
I recently found out my Ram 2500 can't tow the trailer we really want so before I go off trading it in for a 3500 dually I wanted to see if there were any bumper pulls out there that had similar floor plans to what we are looking for.

We are really interested in the Coachmen Brookstone 395RL and the Heartland Big Country 3850 because we want the rear living room, bunkhouse room for kids, and master bedroom. I haven't seen any bumper pulls with rear living and bunkhouse though.

Do any bumper pull trailers have floor plans that match this criteria?
11 REPLIES 11

APT
Explorer
Explorer
There was an Open Range (Mesa Ridge?) that had a similar floorplan to the Keystone above, a mid-bunk with rear living and front master.

Edit: Found a current model year option. PrimeTime Lacrosse 321MBT

A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

gregrc75
Explorer
Explorer
I think this was made only 2013 or 2014.

Greg and J
Ben - Yellow Lab. Charley - Red Lab
2018 Keystone Bullet Premier 30RIPR
2016 Nissan Titan XD SL 5.0

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
2Macs wrote:
We recently purchased a 2016 Mesa Ridge 310BHS that weighs 5000# dry. It has a setup with master bedroom and bath in front, living/kitchen center, and bunk room rear. This unit sleeps up to 8. The length is 37 feet with 4 slides and an outdoor kitchen. The TT is manufactured by Highland Ridge RV (formerly Open Range now owned by Jayco).

Our tow vehicle is a 2007 Chevy 3500 quad cab dually diesel that we purchased new. I do not know if your tow vehicle is diesel or gas. We towed with gas originally and found out that on flat land, it tows OK, but in hills and mountains, a gas engine does not have the torque necessary to handle the load of any TT that you describe.

You could look at this TT to see if it meets your needs. A version is made under the Open Road brand that is a 308BHS with 3 slides and outdoor kitchen but is shorter than ours.

Unloaded weight is 9310.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Google image search using various keywords isn't a bad way to research floor plans. There appear to be quite a few fifth wheels that have a bunkhouse and an entertainment center opposite the couch/chairs that you could tow with a 3/4 ton Ram.

Travel trailers seem to be more limited in terms of layouts.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

dicksenn
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't have to be rear living I guess. I'm just having a hard time finding a travel trailer where the entertainment center isn't directly at a 90 degrees right next to the couch or recliners. I mean who wants to watch a movie with their head turned the entire time!

I'm looking for a bunk house that has a nicer living room entertainment setup in the event we travel during a sports tournament we want to watch or want to watch a movie without getting a crick in the neck!

I'm still searching but may have found one option. The Cougar XLite 34TSB, which has two reclining chairs and the entertainment center directly across from them, with a bunkhouse for the kids.

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I looked for one myself and could not find it. I really liked the rear living but towing around a 40 some foot fiver was just to big for me. I did find one they made back in 2014 but can't remeber the name of it but if you searched for it I'm sure you came across it. if you find one let me know.

Skidus1
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 Open Range 308 weighs 8510 lbs empty

ndillon
Explorer
Explorer
2Macs wrote:
We recently purchased a 2016 Mesa Ridge 310BHS that weighs 5000# dry. It has a setup with master bedroom and bath in front, living/kitchen center, and bunk room rear. This unit sleeps up to 8. The length is 37 feet with 4 slides and an outdoor kitchen. The TT is manufactured by Highland Ridge RV (formerly Open Range now owned by Jayco).

Our tow vehicle is a 2007 Chevy 3500 quad cab dually diesel that we purchased new. I do not know if your tow vehicle is diesel or gas. We towed with gas originally and found out that on flat land, it tows OK, but in hills and mountains, a gas engine does not have the torque necessary to handle the load of any TT that you describe.

You could look at this TT to see if it meets your needs. A version is made under the Open Road brand that is a 308BHS with 3 slides and outdoor kitchen but is shorter than ours.

There is no way possible that trailer weights 5,000 pounds.

2Macs
Explorer
Explorer

Ed & Michele :C

KE6IRJ
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought our bunkhouse, we found lots of models with front bunks. Search front bunkhouse or quad bunkhouse. Most were that. Not sure models, but rest assured they do exist.
Brian
2010 Keystone Springdale SG294BHSSR
2006 Ford F250 Superduty SB 4x4

IDoMyOwnStunts
Explorer
Explorer
If you are open to a bumper pull toy hauler with a separate rear garage that could be your bunk room, check out the Keystone Carbon 33. Plus you can get a rear patio kit.

They have heavy tongues and I'm not sure the specs of your 2500, but it should be within your ratings if you have one of the newer 2500s with the 1800 lb receiver.
I'm done. This isn't a place to be helpful. It's a place where curmudgeons with a superiority complex will nit pick everything. If you want help, go elsewhere. Admin, delete my account please.