cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any info on this camper?

TraciK
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, all! Haven't been on here in a while. We used to have a pop-up sold that went to travel trailer. Moved and bought 4 wheelers and can't haul both so sold tt and been tent camping. Ready for a camper again.

So, I saw an ad for a 1996 Idletime truck camper for $2000 its 8 ft it says refrig, ac, heat, small microwave, stove, titan jacks, and hold downs. No bathroom but will throw in a porto potty.

There are no pictures of inside but outside looks good.

We are going to try and go look at it today. I know to look for water damage but what else should be look for?

If its all in working condition is $2000 a good price?

Is a 1996 too old?

I don't want to spend too much because we only go 4 wheel riding about 4 times a year. But, I'm thinking we might go more if we had a camper.

Thanks for any help you can give!
16 REPLIES 16

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
If possible, have the owner plug it in the day before to cool down the fridge to insure that it works. Do the same with the water heater if it has one.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
AS long as you really know what you are looking for appraising it. IMO, any tc thats been taken care of, not neglected , solid,clean and doesn't leak is a good camper. I would then buy it for $2k if it fit my truck as well as my needs.