cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Outfitter Apex campers in CA

Mtn_lion
Explorer
Explorer
I am interested in looking at a Outfitter Apex pop up camper, but cannot get to Colorado yet. Just wondering if there are any owners out in CA that would let me take a look at their campers. If so could you please let me know.
Thanks,
Brian
12 REPLIES 12

mizdeb
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned Mitchell, Palomino, Four Wheel, and now Hallmark truck campers. The Hallmark is built the best, by far. The Pa
Omino and the Four Wheel were flimsy compared to Hallmark. My Palomino leaked. Things just started breaking on Four Wheel

Owyheedog
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if Idaho constitutes a nearby state but I have an Apex 9.5 and am always happy to share my opinion. One suggestion, before you make a trip to Colorado, contact Outfitter and make sure they have something in stock to show you. Outfitter is a "build them when they order them" sort of deal so they don't always have units sitting around to look at. When we went to look at them on the spur of the moments, the only Apex they had onsite was one that had been wrecked and was in for repairs. Oddly enough, it came from a town 40 miles from my home. So all we had to look at was a partially dismantled, wrecked unit. I would definite check the Outfitter site and look at the section with owners willing to show their units. I can't imagine that there isn't someone close to you on there. We have shown our camper to 3 separate people over the past 2 years.
Edit: OK I had to look to see if I was right and yes... the owner's shows 3 people in California willing to show their campers... in San Jose, San Francisco, and 29 Palms.
2001 Dodge 3500 DRW, 2010 Outfitter Apex 9.5, 99 Jeep TJ dragging behind.

Geewizard
Explorer
Explorer
Mtn lion wrote:
Ok how about any Hallmark or Outfitter owners in the near by states? I really want to talk to them and get their input on these two campers.
Thanks,
Brian

I'll try to answer your questions. Here on the forum or with a PM, whatever you like.
2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 1708FB
2014 Toyota Tundra Double Cab
300W solar, MPPT controller, LED lights
Xantrex Freedom X Inverter 3000W
2 Fullriver 105AH AGM batteries
Air Lift WirelessAIR and air bags
Hankook Dynapro ATM 10-ply tires

Mtn_lion
Explorer
Explorer
Ok how about any Hallmark or Outfitter owners in the near by states? I really want to talk to them and get their input on these two campers.
Thanks,
Brian

Mtn_lion
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for all the great input. I agree, I will have to get to Colorado sometime to check them out. I am hopefully going to travel to Flagstaff in May for the Overland Expo west. I have already talked to Hallmark and they will be there and I am sure someone will have a Outfitter there to.

But if anyone has either of these two pop ups out in CA, I would still like to talk to them too.
Thanks,
Brian

ISBRAM
Explorer
Explorer
rottidawg wrote:
Denver is pop up camper central.

If it was me, I would fly out and spend a couple days looking at the Outfitter, Hallmark, and Phoenix factories. Also Four Wheel Campers now has an excellent dealer here in town.

Expensive decision....I would kick the tires on all of them.

I agree come to Colorado for a vacation and check out the campers and the factory and people that build them. It is a big decision and one size does not fit all needs.

I sold my previous Hallmark to some nice people that came out from California. They came just to look at the factory and see if they could find a nice used one here.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 QC LB Cummins
2018 Airstream Flying Cloud 28RB

If you see me camped someplace stop and say hi, I've always got an extra ice cold beer.

Paul_V1
Explorer
Explorer
rottidawg wrote:

If it was me, I would fly out and spend a couple days looking at the Outfitter, Hallmark, and Phoenix factories. Also Four Wheel Campers now has an excellent dealer here in town.

This is what I did when we were looking at Pop Ups. We were able to talk and to see how things were made and done.
2001 GMC Crewcab Duramax 2500HD 4x4
2006 Outfitter Apex 9.5
1997 Jeep Wrangler

rottidawg
Explorer
Explorer

2012 Chevy 2500HD LTZ CCSB 4x4 gas
2012 Four Wheel Camper Hawk
2008 Harley Street Glide

Paul_V1
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Brian,
I have an '06' 9.5 Apex I am in the Bay Area if you are interested?
PM me if you would like to talk about it.
2001 GMC Crewcab Duramax 2500HD 4x4
2006 Outfitter Apex 9.5
1997 Jeep Wrangler

Mtn_lion
Explorer
Explorer
I would also be interested in seeing a Hallmark Ute.
Thanks,

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
Hi Brian,

not in CA, but here are some pictures of our Apex 8 LB:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104581754261901190566/albums/5649697271345346881

And this album has some pictures of the Hallmark and Outfitter facilities we took in 2012:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104581754261901190566/albums/5709065644079894593

We "mail-ordered" our Apex back in 2011 and had it shipped here.
Please feel free to ask any questions you think I might be able to answer.

Regards,
Joerg
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

sljohnson1938
Explorer
Explorer
go to the Outfitter truck mfg website and they have an 'owner forum' you can look at.
maybe some help there.
1999 Dodge 3500 CTD dually
Ham radio - WU4S