Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~
25 REPLIES 25

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
APT wrote:
Diesel is about 10 cents per gallon less than 87 octane in my area today. Prices fluctuate seasonally as well as with location and the breeze. Typically in winter, itguy08's statement applies, just not today in Michigan.

I was more interested in the MPG difference irrespective of the fuel cost. Fuel costs fluctuate and than there is the psychology of filling up less frequently even if the net cost is the same.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel is about 10 cents per gallon less than 87 octane in my area today. Prices fluctuate seasonally as well as with location and the breeze. Typically in winter, itguy08's statement applies, just not today in Michigan.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

itguy08
Explorer
Explorer
mich800 wrote:

Interesting videos. The one thing I would like to see just out of curiosity is what would the the 2.7 Ecoboost MPG be going up the pass at the Ram Ecodiesel speed? I doubt it would get anywhere near the diesel MPG but maybe the gap would close some.

There is no gap when you consider the added cost of a gallon of Diesel. The gap even goes in favor of gasoline when you do a TCO analysis and add up the more expensive maintenance of a Diesel.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
As with most of the vehicles, it will do well when applied for the task it was designed for.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
ShinerBock wrote:
Here is the 2.7L Ecoboost going up the Ike Gauntlet.

2015 Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost takes on the Grueling IKE Guantlet Towing Test Review

Here are other trucks towing the exact same load up the exact same road to compare.

2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel: Ike Gauntlet Extreme Towing Test

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 6.2L takes on the Grueling IKE Gauntlet Towing Test Review

Interesting videos. The one thing I would like to see just out of curiosity is what would the the 2.7 Ecoboost MPG be going up the pass at the Ram Ecodiesel speed? I doubt it would get anywhere near the diesel MPG but maybe the gap would close some.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow...thanks for sharing Shinerbock,

I know that the pulls are unscientific but the little 2.7 was able to pull the Ike Gauntlett at the speed limit and the comments from Mr Truck saying he could have pulled it at 75 are telling.

The Ram EcoDiesel pulled it at 50 MPH...which is impressive considering it's only got 240 hp....

I know the 2.7 has 325 HP but it seems to perform very well...it pulled faster than the Tundra 5.7 with a similar load...the Tundra held 60 MPH up most of the gauntlet but it was giving the mountain everything it had.

Seems that these tests really illustrate how much of a benefit forced induction is for a truck at elevation.

Question...on the 2.7...why does it seem to pull harder than the 3.5 EcoBoost? I've heard that comment from the TFL guys and some other reviews...maybe the tq band and or HP is lower in the rpm range on the 2.7.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

jus2shy
Explorer
Explorer
LowRyter wrote:
so which truck was best up Ike Tunnel?

In terms of power/speed:
Ford
Chevy
RAM

In terms of fuel efficiency
RAM
Ford
Chevy

In terms of comfort, meh, that's all subjective at that point. Really depends on what YOUR priority is in a vehicle.
E'Aho L'ua
2013 RAM 3500 Crew Cab 4x4 SRW |Cummins @ 370/800| 68RFE| 3.42 gears
Currently Rig-less (still shopping and biding my time)

LowRyter
Explorer
Explorer
so which truck was best up Ike Tunnel?
John L
WW SL 2805 5th Wheel
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Allison Duramax X Cab
Ducati 939 SS, Moto Guzzi V11 Sport, Moto Guzzi EV California and Suzuki 1200 Bandit

ShinerBock
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the 2.7L Ecoboost going up the Ike Gauntlet.

2015 Ford F-150 2.7L EcoBoost takes on the Grueling IKE Guantlet Towing Test Review

Here are other trucks towing the exact same load up the exact same road to compare.

2015 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel: Ike Gauntlet Extreme Towing Test

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 6.2L takes on the Grueling IKE Gauntlet Towing Test Review
2014 Ram 2500 6.7L CTD
2016 BMW 2.0L diesel (work and back car)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 3.0L Ecodiesel

Highland Ridge Silverstar 378RBS

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
I'm curious too. It supposedly gets pretty darned good mileage... until you hook up a trailer, then it tanks. Also, with a max tow of 7600 lbs(?), it's kind of limited compared to other options out there. Probably enough for most half ton buyers though.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

SouthpawHD
Explorer
Explorer
Didn't read the whole thread, but there might be some useful information here for you

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28414811/srt/pa/pging/1/page/1.cfm
Palomino SolAire 307QBDSK
2016 Chevrolet 2500, CC, 6.0L, 4.10