cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apps / reviews of STATE parks, more rustic?

beachlovingmom
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have an app or web site that reviews State parks? We are not that interested in RV Parks, would prefer quieter and more woods. Would like to have electricity, but water and sewer at site are not necessary. I have found sites that review RV parks in general, with a few state parks thrown in, but not many.

Thanks much!
8 REPLIES 8

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to explore the many campground "finders" and review web sites that are available, I have attempted to post links to as many as I could find at my RV Information Page. (Scroll down past the forums).

Some are general, others specific to non commercial campgrounds.

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Oh Ranger App ...hands down the winner.

It is SO comprehensive compared to others. You have a plethora of info available to you so you can find the park that is best suited to you, your RV, and your activities needed.

Definitely not just another dumb list of parks like the other apps or googling will get you. Can you tell I like this app! :B

http://www.ohranger.com/app/parkfinder

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I like this site and it is adding campgrounds quickly.

http://www.campsitephotos.com/
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

gmw_photos
Explorer
Explorer
On my iPad I have these apps:

State Parks
Oh, Ranger
Allstays
Mobile RVing
Campwhere

My favorite is allstays.

Kind of related, the Rand McNally atlas is also on there. This E version is exactly the same content as looking at the big paper atlas. Love it. You can zoom in on a small part of the state, etc.
Another app I really like and use a lot is weather underground ( wunderground dot com ). With this app, when you select hybrid view, you get a map overlay of the full hi-res satellite image. Where it can, you can get all the way down to birds-eye view. I have found it useful to look at a sat pic or birds-eye prior to driving someplace that may be in a congested area, because it gives me a visual of where I am going.
Sorry....kinda got off on a tangent there......:)

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
My favorite non commercial campground app was CampWhere from Big Nerd Ranch, but it seems to have been removed from the iTunes store. AllStays Camp & RV has an excellent filter that lets you eliminate commercial campgrounds from a search. Well worth the minimal cost...

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I have found in reading state park reviews on rvparkreviews you will always have one or two folks complain because there were bugs, or dirt or, horror of horrors, trees that drop acorns or leaves or something equally offensive. So do read any reviews of state parks remembering that they are supposed to rustic... they are not resorts with paved lots and lots of civilization.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rvparkreviews.com/
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Eycom
Explorer
Explorer
I've had good success in locating Government parks (Fed/State/City&County) at this website. Note the legend at the bottom of the map and go from there.
RVn Full-time