cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Arctic Fox or Eagle Cap Owners...

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
My husband and I would like to see an Arctic Fox or Eagle Cap truck camper, but they are all pretty far away. We live in Asheville NC. If you have one within 6 hours could we come see it?
17 REPLIES 17

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone for your responses and great advice! We decided to attend the Texas Truck Camper Rally in April and take advantage of the open house tours and learn everything we can from the pros before we make a purchase. We are really looking forward to going and learning.

Thanks again,
Ruth and Jay

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
805gregg wrote:
Look at used ones, there are used ones in every craigs list, start there narrow it down by brand and layout, then buy a nice under used camper. We just bought a 2nd owner 10.6" Lance 2003 1071 , every thing is perfect,$13,000 gen with 31 hrs., 100w solar, etc. 1/3 the price of new and the bugs have been fixed let the first buyer get the hit

13k for an 11 yr old camper? YIKES...
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
Look at used ones, there are used ones in every craigs list, start there narrow it down by brand and layout, then buy a nice under used camper. We just bought a 2nd owner 10.6" Lance 2003 1071 , every thing is perfect,$13,000 gen with 31 hrs., 100w solar, etc. 1/3 the price of new and the bugs have been fixed let the first buyer get the hit
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

Xpd77
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 AF 811 an hour north of Louisville KY. About 6 hours from you. You are welcome to come up if you want.
2012 F350 SRW Diesel. 2014 Arctic Fox 811. Torklift tiedowns, Fast Guns, and Stable Loads.

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
Joe417...we sent you a private message

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
I know that they are further away than 6 hours but Truck Camper Warehouse in NH, has both brands and others side by side for comparison. No tax either.
Good luck.

Sheriffdoug
Explorer
Explorer
Contact Dave Frampton, General Manager at Adventurer LP/Eagle Cap davef@amlrv.com
Or call Melissa! Reception at Eagle Cap, (509) 895-7064.
They have records via warranty registration cards for every camper sold, and they may be able to put you in contact with an Eagle Cap Camper owner(s) in your area. Tell them what models you are interested in.
I have an EC1160, well built, fantastic! You need a Dually pickup.
Best Wishes, Doug
2012 Ram 4x4 Crew Laramie LB 3500 HO Auto diesel
Eagle Cap 1160 Super Springs Big Wig Sway Bar Front Timbrens, Fastguns
RearCam SolarPnl Expdtion Shvel/Axe Kit
Thermopane Windows,, Dcted Heat & R/cycle aircon
Genset WoblStopprs

Joe417
Explorer
Explorer
I'm about 2 hours south of Chattanooga. I would guess that's 4 1/2 to 5 from Ashville. We have an 05' AF990 which is very similar to the newer ones. Your welcome to take a look.

We had the same problem, so while visiting Indiana we made a trip to Grand Rapids to look. That made up our mind. Later found a used one and drove 6 hours to see it. The seller was motivated so we brought it home.

A friend was interested and drove an hour to see our AF and then 3 days to pickup the up one he bought in Idaho.

Be careful, you do realize they are contagious.
Joe and Evelyn

backlater
Explorer
Explorer
We just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all your helpful input...we know we are going to love owning a truck camper and being in such great company!

Ruth and Jay

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you will find both AF and EC to be high quality, well built campers. We spent a lot of time looking at both last year before we purchased. Splitting hairs really...it came down to bath size and dinette size for SB for us.
We looked at other brands as well, but quickly ruled them out.

Have fun, take pics/note to compare.

Bill
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

RICKIM
Explorer III
Explorer III
We will be in Assateague and D.C. the second week of March with friends of ours that also have a AF. Your more than welcome to come take a look and we'll try to answer all the questions you may have.

Rick & Kim
2018 AF1140DB, 400W solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XTโ€™s, rear deck,
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, Custom TC bed, on board air, Front Rack

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
There's an AF dealer, Keystone RV, at I-81 exit 1 in PA. I suspect that's within 6 hours if you hustle. I would call them first before driving up there. They don't keep a lot of inventory for some reason.
On your way, at exit 24 on I-81 in WV you will pass OREV, a Lance dealer, they usually have a lot full of campers.

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried the Arctic Fox dealer in Kitrell, N.C. ? It looks like they're about 4 1/2 hrs from Asheville.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
backlater
You are welcome to come look at ours, like CAJW mentioned. When we drive down to our daughters in Georgia, it takes us about 8 hrs to get to Charlotte, so maybe you can get an idea from that. If you ever want to come up, just private message me and we can work the details out. We are right along the Susquehanna River about 50 miles north of Harrisburg. My only suggestion is that you might want to wait a little since here in Pa we are having record low temps.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods