cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aux tank install in WNY or Southern Ontario

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a reputable shop that will install an aux tank for me and set it up to fill my tank through one of the upfitters (gravity or pump). I have called 3 Ford dealers (1 in Ontario, 2 in NY) and 2 other local shops and they say they don't do these installs. I will keep making calls buy was hoping someone local had first hand experience and could save me some time. Thanks
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2000 Springdale 250bhl - gone
2016 Jayco Jayflight 32bhds
2012 Sierra 2500 HD - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW
4 REPLIES 4

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Northern Tool sells RDS tanks. I ordered my gravity flow diesel aux tank from RDS, and also asked them for installer recommendation, which they provided.

Their site is RDSALUMINUM.COM

Suggest giving them a call. Maybe you can plan a camping trip to a location that has a nearby installer. The install does not take very long. I spent a few hours in the waiting room while it was installed..

Dayle1
Explorer II
Explorer II
FordsForMe wrote:

I was looking at the tanks from northern tool, and there don't have installers listed local to me. I called them and they confirmed it. I think I have the skills to do it myself but I don't have the time. Between my work and my 3 young kids it's not gonna happen that I get a day to myself to work on it. I would rather just pay to have it installed. I did find one company listed on transfer flows site that is local so I plan on calling them today. "Tims trim" is the place if anyone knows it.

Replacement tanks from Transfer Flow or Titan are pretty straight forward installs that any local auto shop can handle. With the factory tank almost empty, drop it, move the connections over to the new tank and install it. The big advantage of a shop is having a 4 point lift. Compared to an add on tank, no extra plumbing and no loss of bed space.
Larry Day
Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders since '01
'13 Silverado 3500HD LT 2wd CCSB SRW, custom RKI bed
'19 Starcraft Telluride 292RLS
Rig Photos

FordsForMe
Explorer
Explorer
ACZL wrote:
Is the tank a Transferflow or Titan? If so, they may have a list of installers. If a different tank, then I would think a reputable garage would tackle it. Son and I did a mid-ship replacement tank ourselves, but it sounds like you have a in bed aux tank. Those that have them should chime in and say how hard it is to do yourself if you wish to.

I was looking at the tanks from northern tool, and there don't have installers listed local to me. I called them and they confirmed it. I think I have the skills to do it myself but I don't have the time. Between my work and my 3 young kids it's not gonna happen that I get a day to myself to work on it. I would rather just pay to have it installed. I did find one company listed on transfer flows site that is local so I plan on calling them today. "Tims trim" is the place if anyone knows it.
1992 Dutchmen 220 - gone
2000 Springdale 250bhl - gone
2016 Jayco Jayflight 32bhds
2012 Sierra 2500 HD - gone
2011 F350 Lariat SRW

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Is the tank a Transferflow or Titan? If so, they may have a list of installers. If a different tank, then I would think a reputable garage would tackle it. Son and I did a mid-ship replacement tank ourselves, but it sounds like you have a in bed aux tank. Those that have them should chime in and say how hard it is to do yourself if you wish to.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"