cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Awning options for TC for single camper open/close?

Pasturepony
Explorer
Explorer
Hi!
I tried to buy a bag awning but after putting it together and up on the C-rail, I realized its WAY to tall for me even with step stool.

What are my options to buy an easy to open and put away awning that won't break the bank...other than installing a second (lower) C-rail?

What did you install?

Thanks!
Asking on the TC forum cuz the TCs are so tall yet short so often take dif size awnings.
9 REPLIES 9

Pasturepony
Explorer
Explorer
Tonymull, how do the poles stand up to wind? Someone on my horse forum posted pics of homemade expandable pvc pipe poles but I worry they would fall with a gentle breeze.

Stars101
Explorer
Explorer
turtletalk wrote:
OK tonymull--tell more about your awning set-up. That is what I want to add to our TC.

x2 - would love to see photos.

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
My Lance 881 has the C channel along the one side but I can't figure out how to order an awning for it.
Ill be following this post.
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
OK tonymull--tell more about your awning set-up. That is what I want to add to our TC.

tonymull
Explorer
Explorer
I have eye screws drilled into the camper at each corner (well sealed of course) You pick the height. Carbiners are used to attach a tarp to them (nylon is best and most packable but blue tarps will work) Guyed poles on each corner complete it. Quick, cheap, easy with just a step stool. By doing all 4 corners I can use either side of the camper depending on orientation and one out the back. When I have time to kill I'm custom carving wooden poles with hieroglyphs to replace the aluminum ones I have now. Far less bulky and easier to store than our Eazy up.

exhaustipated
Explorer
Explorer
A bag awning doesn't work well at all on a TC. I had an 8'5" boxed awning from Carefree of Colorado installed on my TC shortly after I bought it and sure provides a lot of shade from the sun in the dinette area. Mine operates manually and is very easy to unroll and attach to the side of the camper. It also rolls up smoothly into place in its enclosed case attached to the top of the camper.
2009 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4WD LT1 Ext Cab Z71 Long Bed Vortec 6.0L V8 SFI gas.
2012 Travel Lite 960RX
Torklift frame mounted tie downs with FastGun turnbuckles and a Lock and Load maximum security cargo tray.
Timbren SES
Curt front mount hitch receiver

Pasturepony
Explorer
Explorer
The bag awnings you have to fold back into the bag and zip it...to much for me alone. Especially without an actual ladder.

I have an EZ-up but I use it for the horse at the vet checks. Was hoping for something a little easier for the TC

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think you can just make a longer rod to reach the mechanism, but you could have an automatic one installed.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do you have room for one of those POP up canopy shelters?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!